Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JFair

List to show those who have never closed a deal

SOLVE

I am looking for help on how to create a list of those who have never closed a deal with my company.

Right now I have the filters set that the contact is associated to any deal and the associated deal has never had the deal stage be any of closed won.

These filters are still pulling people who have successfully closed deals with us.

What filters do I need to change or add to pull just those who have NEVER closed a deal with us?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JFair,

List filters for associated objects always look for the presence of something, not the absence. So simply filtering for anything on an associated deal assumes that there is a deal.

The reason why you're seeing contacts with won deals is that the filters are true if at least one deal meets the criteria. So if there's one lost and one win deal, the filter would still be true and the contact would enter the list.

This means that you need two lists. List 1 filters for all contacts associated to won deals. List 2 filters for contacts not in list 1.

List 2 is the one you're looking for 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @JFair 

Can you share a screenshot of your actual filters?

If you filter by any deal, if the contact has one deal that is closed won and one or more that are still open they would show up in the list.

My best suggestion would be:

1. Make a list of contacts who have only deals that are closed won
  2. Make a second list of anyone else who has an associated deal AND is not List 1

This should do the trick, but would include people you had closed lost deals with - depending on what you want to do this might be okay or you may want to exclude them.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JFair,

List filters for associated objects always look for the presence of something, not the absence. So simply filtering for anything on an associated deal assumes that there is a deal.

The reason why you're seeing contacts with won deals is that the filters are true if at least one deal meets the criteria. So if there's one lost and one win deal, the filter would still be true and the contact would enter the list.

This means that you need two lists. List 1 filters for all contacts associated to won deals. List 2 filters for contacts not in list 1.

List 2 is the one you're looking for 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes