Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

0megan
Teilnehmer/-in

List creation from Excel

lösung

Hi, 

I'm frequently emailing lists of existing contacts and use a lot of data processing outside of Hubspot & CSV outputs. 

I would like to simply import CSV files with email-addresses of EXISTING contacts and create a list of these contacs. 

I might just be new to the import-feature in Hubspot but I can't find a way that doesn't overwrite existing properties of the contact that is not included in the csv file.

Would really appreciate some help with this. 

Best, 
0megan

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

List creation from Excel

lösung

Hi @0megan 

When importing a list of contacts via CSV file, only contacts that are in the file (identified by their email address) should be updated - no other contact should change. 

Any information that is in the CSV file columns AND mapped to HubSpot fields will be updated for existing contacts. 

If you want to produce a list of existing contacts using an import, you could import only the emails addresses to identify the right contacts and build the list that way. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

List creation from Excel

lösung

Hi @0megan 

When importing a list of contacts via CSV file, only contacts that are in the file (identified by their email address) should be updated - no other contact should change. 

Any information that is in the CSV file columns AND mapped to HubSpot fields will be updated for existing contacts. 

If you want to produce a list of existing contacts using an import, you could import only the emails addresses to identify the right contacts and build the list that way. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
0megan
Teilnehmer/-in

List creation from Excel

lösung

Thank you Phil, 

I gave it a few more tries and I got it working for me. 

Thank you for clarifying!