Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ChristyMcDCV
Participant

List Not Updating

SOLVE

My company sends out a weekly blog and I create a list of those contacts that click for sales follow-up.  I've noticed that people who click AFTER I've created the list are not captured on the list. Is this because it's a "static" list? I don't see an option to create an "active" list or to convert my existing list from static to active. Help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

List Not Updating

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: My company sends out a weekly blog and I create a list of those contacts that click for sales follow-up. I've noticed that people who click AFTER I've created the list are not captured on the list. Is this because it's a "static" list? I don't see an option to create an "active" list or to convert my existing list from static to active. Help! 

Short A: All lists are 'active' (by default). Just create a new list.

Longer A:

What you're seeing is intended behavior for static lists. Static lists are 'static' -- meaning their membership doesn't change unless you take some action to change it -- i.e., manually or via a workflow.
"A static list is a snapshot of a group of contacts who meet a certain set of requirements at a certain time."
- see Create active or static lists

If you want/need your list to AUTO-update, you'll want to use a smart list (aka: dynamic list).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

List Not Updating

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: My company sends out a weekly blog and I create a list of those contacts that click for sales follow-up. I've noticed that people who click AFTER I've created the list are not captured on the list. Is this because it's a "static" list? I don't see an option to create an "active" list or to convert my existing list from static to active. Help! 

Short A: All lists are 'active' (by default). Just create a new list.

Longer A:

What you're seeing is intended behavior for static lists. Static lists are 'static' -- meaning their membership doesn't change unless you take some action to change it -- i.e., manually or via a workflow.
"A static list is a snapshot of a group of contacts who meet a certain set of requirements at a certain time."
- see Create active or static lists

If you want/need your list to AUTO-update, you'll want to use a smart list (aka: dynamic list).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
valenceprops

List Not Updating

SOLVE

I am using the free version of CRM and initially set up some Personas - well, HubSpot automatically created Lists for each other those. Now I can't add more list and can't delete.. please advise.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

List Not Updating

SOLVE

Yours is a completely different issue @valenceprops. Please post in a separate thread.

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes