Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

DaleThomas

List Exclusion to Salesforce Sync

SOLVE

Hi everyone!  Hoping someone can help me out.  I have a list I am trying to sync to Salesforce.  This list is comprised of contacts that could be on several other lists.  What I did was create a list called Sync to Salesforce with my criteria that says to exclude Marketing List D.  But what is happening is the Sync to salesforce is excluding all contacts that are on List D regardless if those contacts are on other lists which I want to by synched.  

In my example, only Darren and Stewart should be excluded from synching to Salesforce.  Does anyone know how I can create the proper list in Hubspot?  (I am somewhat new to Hubspot.) 

Screenshot (2).png

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas you can use contact properties to differentiate between the lists and create your sync list. My question is how did you come up with the D marketing list? The answer lies within the list you created. I mean what are the contact properties that you used to create this list?

For example, You can exclude the inbound leads (Lead channel = Inbound or lifecycle stage = MQL) but include the list D. Or you can simply create a master list and add different lists you created: exclude list D but include the contacts in list A or B. There are unlimited possibilities. Once I know the context, we can come up with solutions. 

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset for the tag.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas,

If you create an active list specifically used for syncing, you should be able to hone in on the criteria. In this case your active list will be:

• Is a member of List A
    • And is not a member of List D
  • OR Is a member of List B

Be sure that the only thing that is syncing to SFDC is the inclusion list.

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas 

I think your best option is instead of having your SalesForce Sync list include lists and exclude others (which includes people that you need), try building a specific SalesForce Sync "Suppression List." Add the criteria for those you don't want to be synced and then in your SF Sync List, specify List Membership: is not a member of "Suppression List." That way, you can add all the lists you would like to include and it will only remove those individuals like Darren and Stewart.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

5 Replies 5
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas 

I think your best option is instead of having your SalesForce Sync list include lists and exclude others (which includes people that you need), try building a specific SalesForce Sync "Suppression List." Add the criteria for those you don't want to be synced and then in your SF Sync List, specify List Membership: is not a member of "Suppression List." That way, you can add all the lists you would like to include and it will only remove those individuals like Darren and Stewart.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
DaleThomas

SOLVE

These are great!  I will take a look ore in-depth and try them out! 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas,

If you create an active list specifically used for syncing, you should be able to hone in on the criteria. In this case your active list will be:

• Is a member of List A
  • OR Is a member of List B

Be sure that the only thing that is syncing to SFDC is the inclusion list.

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas you can use contact properties to differentiate between the lists and create your sync list. My question is how did you come up with the D marketing list? The answer lies within the list you created. I mean what are the contact properties that you used to create this list?

For example, You can exclude the inbound leads (Lead channel = Inbound or lifecycle stage = MQL) but include the list D. Or you can simply create a master list and add different lists you created: exclude list D but include the contacts in list A or B. There are unlimited possibilities. Once I know the context, we can come up with solutions. 

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset for the tag.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DaleThomas 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Aakar @StefaniUAT @Josh do you have any thoughts for @DaleThomas on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes