Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

EWodrich

Limit how often contacts are re-enrolled in a workflow

I have several workflows that we want to limit sending emails to contacts to every 90 days, even if they perform the action that triggers the workflow.  

An example of what I'm looking for is the following: a user purchases a product and is placed in a workflow that sends an appropriate email response. We check to see if the user has been sent the email in the last 90 days and then they're resent the email if it's been >90 days. This seems like it should be easy to do but I can't find the right sequence to do so. Is there an option to make an action based on the workflow email sent AND >90 days ago? 

First, it should be known that we have custom programmed enrollment/unenrollment triggers that put the user into the workflow as "Manually enrolled". 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JNichols56

I believe you could use two workflows, one to send them the email and another workflow that re-enrolls them in the original one. Don't allow re-enrollments for the 2nd workflow and that would stop the contact cycle after they are sent the email for the 2nd time.

EWodrich

Ah, I see what you're saying however we'd like the users to be able to re-enroll every time they trigger an action but not send the email if they had received the email within the last 90 days. So not limited to sending it twice but also not putting a hold time of 90 days as the timing would no longer be appropriate. 

0 Upvotes