Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

DavidDuymelinck
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Limit contacts send to webhook

At the moment we have a workflow that sends contacts to a webhook on our server. The problem is it sends so many contacts that We get a too many request error from the API calls we doe in our webhook.

Is there an option in the workflow that limits the amount of users or that sends the contacts more spread in time, for instance every ten seconds one.

The other option is to create a queue and limit it on our server.

4 Replies 4
Bruno_Petersen
Participant

Hi @DavidDuymelinck ,

I think I might have an idea for a workaround that uses the "rotate owner" and "go-to action" steps. 
1. Create a new HubSpot Owner property that you won't use for anything else.
2. Add a Rotate Owner step as the first action to your workflow. 
3. Follow that up by an If/then branch with several branches (the higher the number of branches, the more spread out the contacts will be)
4. Give each branch a different Delay for set amount of time step (e.g. 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, ...)
5. Use the go to action step to go to the webhook.

What I would expect this to do, is to divide the contacts into separate "buckets" allowing you to spread out what gets passed to the webhook. The more branches, the more spread out. It's not a pretty solution, but worth a shot. Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 09.39.00.png

DavidDuymelinck

Hey  @Bruno_Petersen,

I didn't know that there was a delay action in the workflows. 

It's not pretty but it is a creative solution!

0 Upvotes
DavidDuymelinck

At the moment I have tracked the problem to an api call from the client that updates all the contacts once every day. This triggers the workflow we have set up. The code of our webhook updates the contacts again, and this is where we reach the API limit. 

The client will reduce the contact update to keep them inside the API limit.

But it would be great to have a possibility in the workflow to prevent hitting that API limit. Maybe a 'Uses API calls' checkbox as an option in the webhook configuration?  

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DavidDuymelinck 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Gonzalo @MatthewShepherd @lynton any suggestions to share with @DavidDuymelinck on this? 

Thank you,

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes