Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Otto2
Participant

Limit company contact amount in active list

SOLVE

I'm facing the issue that after reaching out to contacts with my email outreach tool, sometimes new contacts are being created and added to the active hubspot list which in turn adds them to my email outreach tool. 

So my question is if there is a way to stop this from happening. My idea would be to limit the contacts that are linked to a company to only 1 but I couldn't find an option for that.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Otto2,

There isn't an out of the box feature for that, no. There are two ways to approach this that I see:

You could create a company list of companies where Number of associated contacts is greater than 1. You could then go through these companies and update the Buying role or Job title or any other property for the associated contacts, with the goal to designate a main contact.

You can then create a contact-based list filtering for:

karstenkoehler_0-1673588764864.png

(You would have to add the criteria of your current list, too.)

By filtering the above, you would get the main contact for companies with one contact automatically. For companies with more than one contact, the system would pull the main contact that you manually specified.

In this case, you will have to manually choose the main contact. Another option would be the following:

In your list, filter for the Last contacted date on the company.

karstenkoehler_1-1673588873337.png

This is, of course, assuming that you wouldn't reach out to a company that was already contacted.

This second approach means that you can't reach out to contacts in bulk. The list would have to update as you go, removing contacts from companies that you just reached out to, e.g. you just reached out to John Doe from Acme. The list would take a moment to remove Jane Doe from Acme, as she's now associated to a company where Last contacted date is known.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Otto2,

There isn't an out of the box feature for that, no. There are two ways to approach this that I see:

You could create a company list of companies where Number of associated contacts is greater than 1. You could then go through these companies and update the Buying role or Job title or any other property for the associated contacts, with the goal to designate a main contact.

You can then create a contact-based list filtering for:

karstenkoehler_0-1673588764864.png

By filtering the above, you would get the main contact for companies with one contact automatically. For companies with more than one contact, the system would pull the main contact that you manually specified.

In this case, you will have to manually choose the main contact. Another option would be the following:

In your list, filter for the Last contacted date on the company.

karstenkoehler_1-1673588873337.png

This is, of course, assuming that you wouldn't reach out to a company that was already contacted.

This second approach means that you can't reach out to contacts in bulk. The list would have to update as you go, removing contacts from companies that you just reached out to, e.g. you just reached out to John Doe from Acme. The list would take a moment to remove Jane Doe from Acme, as she's now associated to a company where Last contacted date is known.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Otto2 

What are you filters for the active list?

What's your criteria for reaching out? The easiest way would be to refine the list criteria to something that excludes newly created contacts.

The association to the company itself can't really be used because the options are a contact is either associated or it isn't. You can use additional filters like contact create date, or pretty much any other contact property that makes sense for use case.

Hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
Otto2
Participant

SOLVE

Those are my current filters:

SCR-20230112-qby.png

New contacts are being added continuously so it's not an option filter based on date or if they are new. I could create separate static lists but that would need way more time.

0 Upvotes