Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Hanne
Participant

Lead scoring - how can I saw what increased a lead's score?

SOLVE

Hello, 

Currently working on manual lead scoring in Hubspot.

Is there a panel in the contact preview or lead score history that shows what pushed a contact's lead score up/down?

Now, all I can do is look at the score, the info I have (when tracked) on my contact preview, and guess if there's a difference.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Wait.

While it's true that we cannot normally see what criteria impacts the individual manual lead score for a contact when those criteria are set in the Lead Score tool, we can circumvent this limitation by using HubSpot Smart Lists as Lead Score criteria instead.

Wouldn't call it 'easy', but it becomes MUCH less difficult to visualize conributing factors to any individual manual lead score for any specific contact when appropriately named smart lists are used. We'd simply need to look at 'List Memberships' on the contact record.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Record: List MembershipsHubSpot Contact Record: List Memberships

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
FChazalon
Participant

SOLVE

Hello

I agree with Hanne, this would be great to have.

At least a visibility of score updates in the activity feed would help our sales team to understand why there is a score increase.

Let's go HubSpot !!

JessDdO
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for this workaround re: creating smart lists for each lead scoring filter. I agree it is quite tedious to set up and maintain. If there's any way the HubSpot team would consider adding a feature that tallies up lead scoring points and why like Pardot that would be much appreciated. My team is currently adjusting lead scoring and we're looking at individual contact properties and manually tallying them up and sometimes the scores just don't add up to what we expect. This feature would be greatly appreciated.

megannorris
Participant

SOLVE

While the accepted solution DOES work it really isn't an ideal solution and it is farily tedious to set up and maintain. It is possible to see someone's score on their contact record, and even see how much the score went up. I would love to see Hubspot update the "source" section to reflect which hubspot score logic was used instead of what is currently included here that provides no detail.Hubspot Score Overview.png

Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The short answer is no.  The only thing that really shows you why a contact scored the way they did is in the Setup where you set what triggers a lead score.  You can then "preview" the contact and see what caused them to score the way they did.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can see on the actual contact record is that their score changed, but not really what impacted it. This is done via the property area and then you can click on "History" next to your scoring field to see when changes occur.  

Hanne
Participant

SOLVE

Thought this was the case, even if I was hoping for a different reply.

Thanks!

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Wait.

While it's true that we cannot normally see what criteria impacts the individual manual lead score for a contact when those criteria are set in the Lead Score tool, we can circumvent this limitation by using HubSpot Smart Lists as Lead Score criteria instead.

Wouldn't call it 'easy', but it becomes MUCH less difficult to visualize conributing factors to any individual manual lead score for any specific contact when appropriately named smart lists are used. We'd simply need to look at 'List Memberships' on the contact record.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Record: List MembershipsHubSpot Contact Record: List Memberships

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com