Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RémyRecright

Lead scoring / Hubspot score: Best practices for multi-language website

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I am a bit in-between regarding the setup of my Hubspot Score for lead scoring. We just released our new website in 3 different languages: English, Finnish and Swedish. Our Hubspot Score is being used as our primary lead scoring tool, but it was setup originally only for English properties (visit pages and take actions in English website version). I want now to expand it to the Finnish and Swedish pages as well.

Would it be better to clone the entire "HubSpot score" property and have 3 different properties, one for each language. Or does it make more sense to clone criteria within the existing property to have one unique HubSpot score regardless of the website pages version (ENG, FI or SV).

Two hurdles come to mind:
- We want to start nurturing sequences based on lead scoring and we will localize the language of this sequence. As far as I have understood the easiest is to trigger the workflow based on a certain score for a set property. --> Therefore I think separate properties work better in that case
- We have integrated Hubspot to Salesforce and it seems that each property needs to be integrated separately if we want the information to flow TO and FROM Salesforce. --> In that case having one unique property would make the work easier and more streamlined.

So as you can see I have both pros and cons and I am unsure what are the best practices when it comes to setup lead scoring for multi-language website.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @RémyRecright!

So as you said, I there are pros and cons to both.  I personally feel like having the unique property is better in the long term for a few reasons, one of which you've already outlined:

1. SFDC <> HubSpot Sync
  2. Scalability.  What I mean here is as you add landing pages, content, etc.  It's much easier to update a central property vs that of individuals
  3. Clarity.  It's much easier for your team to reference a singular property for scoring versus looking at locale and then the different properties

I hope this helps, if you have more specific questions just ask!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RémyRecright. I'm in agreement with @Bryantworks. A central score seems to have more weight in the "pros" side of the equation for me. I would think managing lead scoring rules in one property, with multiple criteria, would be more beneficial overall. It will take planning and maintenance for sure. But I think leaning that direction makes the most sense. 

One thought that popped into my head is using lists. Could you use lists, for instance, to segment page views based on multiple languages using the "or" branch, then use list membership in your scoring? This could help you cover each language on a specific page. 

Good luck! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RémyRecright. I'm in agreement with @Bryantworks. A central score seems to have more weight in the "pros" side of the equation for me. I would think managing lead scoring rules in one property, with multiple criteria, would be more beneficial overall. It will take planning and maintenance for sure. But I think leaning that direction makes the most sense. 

One thought that popped into my head is using lists. Could you use lists, for instance, to segment page views based on multiple languages using the "or" branch, then use list membership in your scoring? This could help you cover each language on a specific page. 

Good luck! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @RémyRecright!

So as you said, I there are pros and cons to both.  I personally feel like having the unique property is better in the long term for a few reasons, one of which you've already outlined:

1. SFDC <> HubSpot Sync
  2. Scalability.  What I mean here is as you add landing pages, content, etc.  It's much easier to update a central property vs that of individuals
  3. Clarity.  It's much easier for your team to reference a singular property for scoring versus looking at locale and then the different properties

I hope this helps, if you have more specific questions just ask!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert