Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

NMacLean

Lead score ranges

SOLVE

Hello,

As most of marketers I use the Hubspot score property to measure the quality of my leads. The score my leads get goes from 0 to +5000 pts and I consider each time a lead re-scores 1000 pts it is re-qualified by  our marketing actions.

In order to better track the score evolution I have created a property called 'score range' which classifies my leads according to the score they've got (from 0 to 999, from 1000 to 1999, from 2000 to 2999...). In that way I have a the information on the volume of leads for each range as well as what leads are part of each range. I have also created contacts lists giving me this same information.

MY ISSUE: I haven't found a way to track on a monthly or weekly basis what are the contacts that move from one range to another one.

The information I would like to get is:

- How many leads have scored or re-scored 1000 pts or more ? so meaning, what contacts have moved from one score range to another one?

- What are the leads that have moved from one score range to another one?

Does anyone know if there is a way to flag these leads moving from one range to another one? Or creating a flag for leads scoring XXX points during a giving period?

Many thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead score ranges

SOLVE

Hi @NMacLean,

HubSpot only has limited capabilities when it comes to tracking changes in properties, even less so if they are custom properties like your buckets. HubSpot's reporting is focused on the current value of the property, not historic values or changes.

They way you could approach this is by setting a date stamp property for each score bucket (0-999, 1000-1999 etc) when a contact enters this bucket. This would behave the same way like the 'Became a lead date' property, for example. You would have a date property 'Entered 0-999 score bucket date', 'Entered 1000-1999 score bucket date' etc.

You would then be able to create one report for each bucket that shows you over time how many contacts entered this range. You would however not see which bucket they came from and whether they have repeatedly moved between buckets. I'm not aware of any type of visualization that would achieve this.

You would get the information about leads that moved. By clicking into the report that shows the count of contacts by 'Entered ... bucket date', you could check which contacts moved.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead score ranges

SOLVE

Hi @NMacLean,

HubSpot only has limited capabilities when it comes to tracking changes in properties, even less so if they are custom properties like your buckets. HubSpot's reporting is focused on the current value of the property, not historic values or changes.

They way you could approach this is by setting a date stamp property for each score bucket (0-999, 1000-1999 etc) when a contact enters this bucket. This would behave the same way like the 'Became a lead date' property, for example. You would have a date property 'Entered 0-999 score bucket date', 'Entered 1000-1999 score bucket date' etc.

You would then be able to create one report for each bucket that shows you over time how many contacts entered this range. You would however not see which bucket they came from and whether they have repeatedly moved between buckets. I'm not aware of any type of visualization that would achieve this.

You would get the information about leads that moved. By clicking into the report that shows the count of contacts by 'Entered ... bucket date', you could check which contacts moved.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NKieran6
Contributor

Lead score ranges

SOLVE

Hi - I understand what you'd like to do as I used to produce these types of monthly reports for an airline loyalty program to track migration up and down. I don't have the right level of HubSpot account to build one and share screen grabs but I'm thinking that a workflow with branching to update a new property that aggregates the upwards or downwards trend (i.e red / green). Then use that property in a report. Remember to turn-on the re-enrollment criteria so they can enter the workflow more than once. Let me know if it works!

NMacLean

Lead score ranges

SOLVE

Hello, thank you for your reply.
I don't get exactly how the workflow should work. Could you please explain me a bit further?
Many thanks!

0 Upvotes