Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Zoomi
Participant

Lead Scoring - Is it possible to change the lead score?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I recently uploaded a new contact list from an event I went to. My sales team then exported the list to add in the sales qualified leads they got. Once they finished updating, I would import that list back. I was then asked to update the Sales qualified contacts to a Lead Score of 100. Is it possible for me to do change the lead score? If not, what would be my other option? I saw that I cannot change the Hubspot score, but I could change the lifecycle.

Thank you,

Kevin

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zoomi

You can not modify the lead score directly. The only way to make cetain leads hit a certain score would be to add a lead score rule specifically to do it, which I have seen people do. 

Lifecycle stage is unconnected to lead score, although they are often used together with workflows driving changes in lifecycle stage when certain scores are reached. You can change the lifecycle stage directly.

The right approach depends on what other processes are triggered at SQL and if they are driven by the lifecycle label (hopefully) or the lead score value. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Zoomi

You can not modify the lead score directly. The only way to make cetain leads hit a certain score would be to add a lead score rule specifically to do it, which I have seen people do. 

Lifecycle stage is unconnected to lead score, although they are often used together with workflows driving changes in lifecycle stage when certain scores are reached. You can change the lifecycle stage directly.

The right approach depends on what other processes are triggered at SQL and if they are driven by the lifecycle label (hopefully) or the lead score value. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Zoomi
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the clarifications, Phil! Greatly appreciate it. 

- Kevin

0 Upvotes