Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

CarolineOuten

Lead Scoring Cumulative Form Submissions

SOLVE

We are currently only considering contacts that fill out a demo request form MQL's but we are looking to expand that criteria. We've done some research that shows that contacts that have downloaded at three pieces of content in a certain time frame have a high intent and we would like to push them over to an MQL stage. 

I was thinking I could use lead scoring to implement this since we aren't currently using HubSpot lead scoring at all and everyone is set to 0. However, I realized the scoring is not cumulative. 

Is there a way to call out - either through a workflow or a list - contacts that have filled out certain form at least three times in 90 days? It's frustrating that I can only "refine by" one attribute on the filters.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CarolineOuten

It's quite easy to set up cumulative lead scoring for multiple form submissions, but I dont think you can easily apply the 90 day rule. 

For basic cumulative scoring just set up multiple rules in the fashion of:

1. Contact forms submitted is >=1 +5 points
  2. Contact forms submitted is >=2 +15points
  3. Contact forms submitted is >=3 + 30 points

This way, three forms results in a nice 50 points. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Depending on how your forms are built and used, you could try creating a list for each one where the form submissions are filtered by less than 90 days ago. In lead scoring you could then assign points for membership in each list. If a contact were in multiple lists, the score would add up.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
auto_mate
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, I had essentially the question and want to avoid using lead scoring. 

I want number of downloads/emails opened/page views SINCE joining a workflow to trigger new actions.

I think the way to do it is to use workflow goals. They have the option to refine by rolling dates. So, you can have a goal that is e.g. contact has filled out a form less than one day ago. Or e.g. contact has viewed URL less than one day ago and has more than 5 page views.

BUT this still doesn't quite work. A refine by date selector with "date since selected action" would be great. In the refine part of goals - you can only refine by number of times or date, not both! 

(I think. I'll post separately;))

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CarolineOuten

It's quite easy to set up cumulative lead scoring for multiple form submissions, but I dont think you can easily apply the 90 day rule. 

For basic cumulative scoring just set up multiple rules in the fashion of:

1. Contact forms submitted is >=1 +5 points
  2. Contact forms submitted is >=2 +15points
  3. Contact forms submitted is >=3 + 30 points

This way, three forms results in a nice 50 points. 

Hope this helps.

Saper
Contributor

SOLVE

Very helpful idea @Phil_Vallender, thanks! Is there a way to do the same thing for integration based information also, for example, "GoToWebinar registrations" or "Ads interactions"?

Say, I'd like to add 5 points each time someone registers for a new webinar. Currently I need to select the name of the webinars manually to do that. Would you have any recommendations to go around this?

Best,

Saper

0 Upvotes
CarolineOuten

SOLVE

Yes, I can see that I can do cumulative scoring, but we want it to be within a certain time parameter because if a lead downloaded 2 pieces of content a year ago and then 1 last week, we wouldn't really consider them a hot lead.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Depending on how your forms are built and used, you could try creating a list for each one where the form submissions are filtered by less than 90 days ago. In lead scoring you could then assign points for membership in each list. If a contact were in multiple lists, the score would add up.

CarolineOuten

SOLVE

Thanks, that is a good starting point. We use the same form for most content downloads though. So I'm wondering if this solution would still work. It seems like I'm still asking HubSpot to filter on number of submissions and a certain time frame in the same list.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @CarolineOuten

In this situation, you probably needs lists segmenting by both form and page of submission. 

Good luck 🙂

CarolineOuten

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Excellent follow-up idea @Phil_Vallender. One of the reasons we enjoy reading these threads is to see what HubSpot kung fu you'll be weilding. Thanks for that.

-ps

@CarolineOuten, if you mark this question as 'Solved' the rest of us can easily find it as a solution. Thanks.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com