Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

laurabren
投稿者

Lead Assignment and PTO/Days Off

解決

Hello HS Community!

We currently use team-based round robin lead assignments for SQLs based on where they are located (we run athletic clubs in the US and Canada).

An issue we've encountered is that, when a rep is assigned a lead on their scheduled day off, or when they are on PTO, those leads will either sit for too long (and lose momentum) or require manual reassignment. As you can imagine, seeing a lead assigned to you then being taken away can create morale issues, confusion, etc. It also leaves room for error with leads receiving multiple notifications (although we can usually solve for this part).

laurabren_0-1644340641556.png

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to cross-reference reps' schedules (either days in the office or days out) when leads come in, and remove them from the round robin or skip over them if the lead comes in on their day off. Wondering if anyone here has done something similar, or has ideas on how we could make this work?

Thinking that HubDB might be the part of the solution -- we could keep the reps' schedules in a table (although TBD on how this would be formatted -- open to ideas here too) and add a custom code step to our lead assignment workflow to ping the table. Not sure if we would keep the rotated lead assignment step, or just replace it with the custom code; I've seen something similar in the programmable automation use case library, although I'm not sure if this involves HubDB at all.

Annotation 2022-02-08 111457.png

We do keep scheduling in another system, but it's on track to be replaced so I'm not sure it's worth integrating with HubSpot in any way (although open to that idea too if it can be accmplished easily enough via the above).

Would love any recommendations, ideas, or use cases from the community -- thank you in advance!

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @laurabren,

When you edit the primary team, yes:

karstenkoehler_0-1644343635657.png

(One thing to consider here are any team-related access permissions which are affected by a change in teams.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
LThomas13
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

解決

LThomas13_0-1659641037269.png

0 いいね!
ASchulz
参加者 | Elite Partner
参加者 | Elite Partner

解決

This being manual is a big opporutnity and I look forward to updates on this issue!

karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @laurabren,

I have a manual but easy to implement suggestion: If you're rotating leads via workflow, you're probably rotating them among a HubSpot team. Removing a person from the team means they will not get assigned any leads. You could create a "Time off team" in HubSpot and assign this team to users when they're out. Doesn't scale well, so it depends on the team size and if the sales manager would be willing to update the team membership.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

laurabren
投稿者

解決

@karstenkoehler Thank you! Yes you'll see above in the screenshot we're using HubSpot teams. 

But it never occurred to me to create and use a "time off team." This is interesting! Agree it would be hard to scale, but something to consider for the short term.

Question for you -- if someone is added to one team, are they automatically removed from the original?

Thanks!

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @laurabren,

When you edit the primary team, yes:

karstenkoehler_0-1644343635657.png

(One thing to consider here are any team-related access permissions which are affected by a change in teams.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler