Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Rockhunter

Issues importing current client companies database CSV

SOLVE

I am having issues importing a text column on my csv file of companies and can't seem to find a solution.

The headers I have are:
Name: text field
Email: text field
Work phone: number field
Project name: text field
Project type: text field
Project number: number field
Type of customer: text field
Lead status: text field
Tags: text field
Work website: text field
Facebook: text field
Twitter: text field
Linkedin: text field

The issue I am having is with importing the "Tags" column which I renamed during the import process as "Industry".

The tag options for our companies are Architect, Developer, Real Estate, Design Agency etc.

For some reason only the companies tagged "Real Estate" have carried over. I thought maybe this could be an issue with Hubspot not being able to pickup the tags when there are more than one in the field, e.g "Architect, Developer", however it won't even pick up "Architect" on its own.

What is also odd is it seems to have added an industry tag of its own - "Education Management" which doesn't appear on our csv file anywhere!

Any help would be much appreciated as we were almost certain we were changing over to Hubspot however this is going to be a massive issue for us.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Rockhunter

If you look at the industry company property in your portal (settings>properties>company) you'll see that there are already options associated with that property that HubSpot has created (as it is a default Company property). What this means is that during the import process, HubSpot is going to map to the industries that are created as property options. If you want to add additional options to the industry field, you will need to create the options you want to map to (architect, etc.) before you do the import so that HubSpot can successfully map to them. In other words, property options cannot be added through an import, they need to exist already so that the import can map to them. 

I would recommend adding the options you're looking to map to and then trying the import again. 

Additionally, if you don't want to use the options HubSpot has, I would recommend making a new company property to house the informaiton you're looking to import. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Rockhunter

If you look at the industry company property in your portal (settings>properties>company) you'll see that there are already options associated with that property that HubSpot has created (as it is a default Company property). What this means is that during the import process, HubSpot is going to map to the industries that are created as property options. If you want to add additional options to the industry field, you will need to create the options you want to map to (architect, etc.) before you do the import so that HubSpot can successfully map to them. In other words, property options cannot be added through an import, they need to exist already so that the import can map to them. 

I would recommend adding the options you're looking to map to and then trying the import again. 

Additionally, if you don't want to use the options HubSpot has, I would recommend making a new company property to house the informaiton you're looking to import. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes