Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Anicklow
Contributor

Is there an easier way to figure out how many people have enrolled in your workflow each day?

SOLVE

I have an Abandoned Cart workflow that I am trying to analyze and I can't find a simple way to see the count of people who have enrolled each day without counting them one by one. I have tried creating an active list, but that too is limited. Has anyone else come up with a solution to this issue? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is there an easier way to figure out how many people have enrolled in your workflow each day?

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

If this is just about one workflow (or only a select few), I'd recommend creating a custom date property and a custom report for this. With workflows, you must be either on a Professional or Enterprise subscription, so you have the ability to create custom reports.

The first step would be the custom date property. This could be called Workflow enrollment date. In your existing workflow, place an action at the very start that sets the value of this new property to the date of the step. Now every contact that enters this workflow will have the corresponding date logged.

The second step would be the custom report. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom reports > Single object > Contacts. Under Filters, filter for "Workflow enrollment date is known", then switch to the Visualization tab and display the property Workflow enrollment date by Count of contacts. With a vertical bar chart, you should now see on the right how many contacts enroll in this workflow every day. Over time, you might want to change the visualization from daily to weekly.

Of course, this seems like a lot of work for reporting on just one workflow – then again you don't have to count anymore and can just check your cool new report.

Let me know if you need further clarification on any of the steps above, happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Anicklow
Contributor

SOLVE

Okay thank you so much! 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

Yup. Unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ACasas5
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

This post and answer has been super helpful. Since this was posted 2 years ago, I'm wondering if there has been any updates to tracking enrollments by date? Or is this still the best solution? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Anicklow
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten that is super helpful! So if I have several workflows that I will need to keep track of... would I need to create a new contact property (abandoned cart enrollment date, lapsed enrollmenet date. etc) for each new workflow? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

If this is just about one workflow (or only a select few), I'd recommend creating a custom date property and a custom report for this. With workflows, you must be either on a Professional or Enterprise subscription, so you have the ability to create custom reports.

The first step would be the custom date property. This could be called Workflow enrollment date. In your existing workflow, place an action at the very start that sets the value of this new property to the date of the step. Now every contact that enters this workflow will have the corresponding date logged.

The second step would be the custom report. Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom reports > Single object > Contacts. Under Filters, filter for "Workflow enrollment date is known", then switch to the Visualization tab and display the property Workflow enrollment date by Count of contacts. With a vertical bar chart, you should now see on the right how many contacts enroll in this workflow every day. Over time, you might want to change the visualization from daily to weekly.

Of course, this seems like a lot of work for reporting on just one workflow – then again you don't have to count anymore and can just check your cool new report.

Let me know if you need further clarification on any of the steps above, happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler