Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KRaun

Interest score vs. lead score

SOLVE

Has anyone set up a secondary scoring model in hubspot that measure your customers' interest? I'm looking to create an interest score to help customize the customer journey. So for example, if the customer is visiting webpages or clicking on emails and ads that are tagged on a particular topic, I would like to assign points for their activities based on that topic. This way we can see what the customer is mostly interested in out of the 5 main products/services we provide and automate the right lead nutures to them. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KRaun,

Yes! Scores aren't limited to measuring how ready a contact is to talk to sales. They are a suitable tool for:

• measuring engagement of a contact with specific campaign assets or marketing channels
  • measuring data quality (especially when creating reports averaging the score over segments)
  • replacing some workflows that copy property values for a more error-proof solution

Measuring a contact's interest against 5 main products is definitely an option. A few thoughts:

• HubSpot scores give you enough flexibility to become very specific and narrow down contact filters in the scoring property for each product.
  • Keep in mind that in Professional portals, you're limited to creating 5 scoring properties, see here. If you already have created some, you might run into this limit.
  • Like any other score, it could contain explicit and implicit criteria. Explicit criteria could be how well a product matches with the industry a contact is in. Implicit would be the types of pages they view, the forms they submit etc.
  • Consider building in a time decay (only award positive points when a certain page view, form submission etc happened within a certain recent time range). Your score would be very interest based and you probably wouldn't want to enroll a contact in nurturing if they visited a product page 2 years ago.
  • If you set up automation that kicks in when a contact reaches a certain score threshold, make sure they only enroll in one nurturing, not multiple ones.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@KRaun I see you using "customer" and talking about the customer journey, rather than contact and the buyer's journey. Are you looking to focus in on the post-sales customer lifecycle for things like upselling and reselling? That could be an interesting discussion on how we're measuring activities post sales, for sure. Curious to see how this discussion progresses! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KRaun,

Yes! Scores aren't limited to measuring how ready a contact is to talk to sales. They are a suitable tool for:

• measuring engagement of a contact with specific campaign assets or marketing channels
  • measuring data quality (especially when creating reports averaging the score over segments)
  • replacing some workflows that copy property values for a more error-proof solution

Measuring a contact's interest against 5 main products is definitely an option. A few thoughts:

• HubSpot scores give you enough flexibility to become very specific and narrow down contact filters in the scoring property for each product.
  • Keep in mind that in Professional portals, you're limited to creating 5 scoring properties, see here. If you already have created some, you might run into this limit.
  • Like any other score, it could contain explicit and implicit criteria. Explicit criteria could be how well a product matches with the industry a contact is in. Implicit would be the types of pages they view, the forms they submit etc.
  • Consider building in a time decay (only award positive points when a certain page view, form submission etc happened within a certain recent time range). Your score would be very interest based and you probably wouldn't want to enroll a contact in nurturing if they visited a product page 2 years ago.
  • If you set up automation that kicks in when a contact reaches a certain score threshold, make sure they only enroll in one nurturing, not multiple ones.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284

SOLVE

Hi @KRaun interesting idea to use the lead scoring to create an earlier stage interest score. Are you thinking of having a different score per product so you can track when a customer reaches a certain score for a certain product type? or just a general interest score and then trigger the list based on product specific criteria?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin