Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ARollman

Increase a Date Picker Property by Specific Amount of Days

SOLVE

Hi friends! I am looking to create a workflow that edits a contact property with a date picker field type. The current property that I have in our HubSpot is "Free Trial Enrollment Date," which autopopulates the date a contact began a free trial on our platform. Our free trials are 7 days long. What I'm looking to create is a "Free Trial End Date" property, which will be 7 days after the "Free Trial Enrollment Date" property.

I was hoping to (and trying to) create a workflow that copies the "Free Trial Enrollment Date" value to my new "Free Trial End Date" property, and then increase that property value by 7 days. Unfortunately, the "Increase or decrease property value" action in a workflow will not apply to increasing or decreasing dates. I am open to figuring this out with or without a workflow, I was just hoping to figure it out without the help of our development team since their time is limited! Thank you in advance 🙂

3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARollman,

HubSpot does not have a native feature for that. It would require third-party solutions (e.g. passing on property values into a Google Sheet via Zapier, running the calculation there, copying the information back into HubSpot) or custom development.

The fastest way to achieve this would be custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

KellyO
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello,

I had this same issue (which lead me here) my solution was to use a workflow and use the Format Data function to add 36 months (my required timescale) to the field.

I have added a screenshot of the workflow I created. I hope this is useful.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARollman,

Since my first reply, HubSpot expanded on the functionalities of calculation properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/properties/create-calculation-properties

This can now be easily achieved with such a property, see this example that calculates a date 30 days after the record create date:

karstenkoehler_0-1708956281518.png

The number of days is the first number in brackets. The rest of the numbers are there to calculate the amount of milliseconds as that's the unit HubSpot uses here.

If you want to calculate a date before, simply switch the + for a - sign.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARollman,

Since my first reply, HubSpot expanded on the functionalities of calculation properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/properties/create-calculation-properties

This can now be easily achieved with such a property, see this example that calculates a date 30 days after the record create date:

karstenkoehler_0-1708956281518.png

The number of days is the first number in brackets. The rest of the numbers are there to calculate the amount of milliseconds as that's the unit HubSpot uses here.

If you want to calculate a date before, simply switch the + for a - sign.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
KellyO
Solution

SOLVE

Hello,

I had this same issue (which lead me here) my solution was to use a workflow and use the Format Data function to add 36 months (my required timescale) to the field.

I have added a screenshot of the workflow I created. I hope this is useful.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

This is great! 

Thanks for sharing the screenshot with us, @KellyO

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARollman,

HubSpot does not have a native feature for that. It would require third-party solutions (e.g. passing on property values into a Google Sheet via Zapier, running the calculation there, copying the information back into HubSpot) or custom development.

The fastest way to achieve this would be custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ARollman

SOLVE

Thanks for you help, Karsten! I'll try routing through a third-party 🙂

0 Upvotes