Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

HRich
Contributor

Importing a list of emails always returns a small error list of rejected emails

SOLVE

Hi guys,

Apolgies if this isn't the best place to ask my question, but it seemed to be the closest.

I have found that often , Hubspot seems to reject a small number of email addresses from a list I import. Sometimes it's because the email address is is incorrect from  ( like added letters after .com, maybe people intentionally do this or make mistakes when they write their address) and sometimes because the email address is invalid ( looks like a real email address but Hubspot identifies that it is not ).

But majority of the time when I download the error list of emails after an import , there doesn't appear to be anything wrong and I am able to simply reupload them, and on the second time Hubspot for some reason now accepts them.

Can anyone please provide insight why Hubspot does this? Is there anythin I can avoid this?

Please let me know if I can clarify any part of my question.

Best wishes

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRich,

Sometimes cells in Excel files contain empty spaces or look like they're correctly formatted (e.g. '<enquiries@musiccrow.com>'). Could you confirm that this was not the case in the original import file?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRich,

You're correct, email addresses must be correctly formatted for HubSpot to accept them. Could you share the error messages that you're not able to interpret? Which errors seem unsubstantiated to you?

You can find explanations for all errors here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/troubleshoot-import-errors#import-file-errors

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

HRich
Contributor

SOLVE

Sure, I got an INVALID_EMAIL error for this email address: enquiries@musiccrow.com

Nothing was wrong with this email address, and Hubspot accepted it when I reimported for a second time. I made no changes to the email address between the 1st and 2nd import.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRich,

Sometimes cells in Excel files contain empty spaces or look like they're correctly formatted (e.g. '<enquiries@musiccrow.com>'). Could you confirm that this was not the case in the original import file?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler