Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Tracy2
Membre

Importing a List into Hubspot

Résolue

I am trying to import a list of contacts into HubSpot.  The contacts were previously used as part of various email lists in HubSpot.  They were downloaded from HubSpot scrummed to meet the criteria for the new list and then imported as a csv file.  However, when imported it immediately triggered email notifications to be sent to our VP sales stating the that lead owner in Salesforce had been updated.  However, these contacts were not in Salesforce.   The list consisted of 3600 contacts  - company name, first name, last name, email address.  We are intending to us this list for an email campaign.   Any insights into how we can import this csv file without the email triggers being sent to our VP sales would be helpful.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @Tracy2,

This is interesting. Would you mind letting me know where the email to your VP of Sales originated from, i.e. was it a Salesforce email or a HubSpot email? A screenshot of the email would also be helpful.

My guess is that your Integration settings are such that when a contact is created in HubSpot, it is also created in Salesforce. Therefore, when importing these contacts into HubSpot, the integration is also causing them to be created in Salesforce, and their owners are also updated in Salesforce (in correspondence with their HubSpot owners). 

The best way to prevent this from happening would be to add an inclusion list to your Integration Settings. Inclusion Lists are used to limit the contacts that are created in / synced to Salesforce. You would create a list with a number of criteria, and only contacts who meet the list's criteria will sync to Salesforce. Therefore, if you add an inclusion list, and include a criteria that your list of exported contacts will not meet, then they won't sync to Salesforce and your VP will not receive any emails.

Learn more about setting up an Inclusion List here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce-integration-user-guide-v2/how-to-set-up-your-salesforce-inc...

Let me know if this helps, and whether you have any questions on the above!

May

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
MayPascaud
Solution
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @Tracy2,

This is interesting. Would you mind letting me know where the email to your VP of Sales originated from, i.e. was it a Salesforce email or a HubSpot email? A screenshot of the email would also be helpful.

My guess is that your Integration settings are such that when a contact is created in HubSpot, it is also created in Salesforce. Therefore, when importing these contacts into HubSpot, the integration is also causing them to be created in Salesforce, and their owners are also updated in Salesforce (in correspondence with their HubSpot owners). 

The best way to prevent this from happening would be to add an inclusion list to your Integration Settings. Inclusion Lists are used to limit the contacts that are created in / synced to Salesforce. You would create a list with a number of criteria, and only contacts who meet the list's criteria will sync to Salesforce. Therefore, if you add an inclusion list, and include a criteria that your list of exported contacts will not meet, then they won't sync to Salesforce and your VP will not receive any emails.

Learn more about setting up an Inclusion List here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce-integration-user-guide-v2/how-to-set-up-your-salesforce-inc...

Let me know if this helps, and whether you have any questions on the above!

May

0 Votes
Tracy2
Membre

Résolue

The email was generated from Salesforce notifying our VP that a lead had been assigned to him. However, these were not leads, they were names that we wanted to send an email to in the hopes of making them leads.

Thanks May for the response below - this is helpful.