Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

CDugan2

If/then workflow branch depending on if prospect is net/new or existing?

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I was wondering if it was possible to make an if/then branch on a workflow depending on if a prospect is net/new or already existing in the database.  Say after they fill out a form, for example.  I've been unable to find any collateral that speaks to the issue.  Please let me know if anyone has any advice!

2 Accepted solutions
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@CDugan2 In the example of filling out a form, your Workflow (WF) could lead with:

• Contact fills out form
  • IF unique form submissions is greater than 2 
    • If greater then go down Existing Branch
    • If less then go down Net New Branch (they filled out this form so they should be at 1 if they are brand new)

Crystal_Hopper_0-1680300154300.png

There are SO MANY of these types of activity counters that you should find plenty to work with in the workflows.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @CDugan2 

It kinda depends on what the workflow is doing and what you are trying to do.

Strictly speaking anything that converts a contact, means that contact will then exist in the system.

Something simple could be a list of contacts with a create date less than 24h ago - we could call them new. So if you are on that list we treat you differently.

Depending on your use case(s) it might be easier to classify and segment based on existing customers, then use list membership as part of your if/then filter.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SNigam
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @CDugan2 ,

I agree with @franksteiner79 advice of using list.

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @CDugan2 

It kinda depends on what the workflow is doing and what you are trying to do.

Strictly speaking anything that converts a contact, means that contact will then exist in the system.

Something simple could be a list of contacts with a create date less than 24h ago - we could call them new. So if you are on that list we treat you differently.

Depending on your use case(s) it might be easier to classify and segment based on existing customers, then use list membership as part of your if/then filter.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@CDugan2 In the example of filling out a form, your Workflow (WF) could lead with:

• Contact fills out form
  • IF unique form submissions is greater than 2 
    • If greater then go down Existing Branch
    • If less then go down Net New Branch (they filled out this form so they should be at 1 if they are brand new)

Crystal_Hopper_0-1680300154300.png

There are SO MANY of these types of activity counters that you should find plenty to work with in the workflows.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes