Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

dualna
Teilnehmer/-in

If/then branches: taking action while in delay

lösung

Hello! I'm looking to use a workflow in getting new contacts signed up. At a certain stage my goal is to send an email out and if they click on the link to download a file at the bottom, immediately send follow-up instructions. After 1 week, if they don't click the link, I want to send a different follow-up email. How do I make sure that within that first week, anyone who clicks the link will get the immediate follow up (whether it has been one hour or one day), but after a week has passed anyone who hasn't clicked gets the second follow-up? I have two stages that require this kind of logic and am hoping to not have three separate workflows.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
dianalcont
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @dualna 

Unfortunately, there is no way to add logic into a workflow that triggers an immediate response when an action is taken. You'll have to use that action as a trigger for a new workflow.

What you could do (which might be more work than creating three separate workflows) is to:

• add a one day delay for the length of the 1 week delay
  • for each delay you need an if/then branch to keep them in the follow-up path

You could potentially add a time delay (couple of hours) for an entire week - which is less than ideal.

Your best bet of keeping things clean is to just create the separate workflows to have better control of when your contacts get the next step comm.

Hope that helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
dianalcont
Lösung

lösung

Hi @dualna 

Unfortunately, there is no way to add logic into a workflow that triggers an immediate response when an action is taken. You'll have to use that action as a trigger for a new workflow.

What you could do (which might be more work than creating three separate workflows) is to:

• add a one day delay for the length of the 1 week delay
  • for each delay you need an if/then branch to keep them in the follow-up path

You could potentially add a time delay (couple of hours) for an entire week - which is less than ideal.

Your best bet of keeping things clean is to just create the separate workflows to have better control of when your contacts get the next step comm.

Hope that helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »