Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

EGJade
Participant

If/then branch for those who did not receive an email

SOLVE

Hey All! I have built out a workflow for a Nurture campaign and there is one If/then branch option that I can't seem to make work. I want a branch for those who 'Did not receive' the email so I can investigate as to why and maybe pull them out of the workflow - this is the equivalent to the 'Not Sent' list in the email statistics. 

The problem is that there isn't a field for capturing this! 

On the contact's activity it shows confusingly as: "Marketing email sent to X. There was an issue sending an email to this contact...."

I've tried the criteria of 'At least one associated activity has email send status of failed + subject line contains X'  & 'Marketing email activity - was sent X but didn't receive it' but neither work.

I have a bounceback workflow that ticks along separately, an unbounces some who get stuck - this is about those that HubSpot stop from getting the email as the are globally bounced. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EGJade,

This is currently not possible, unfortunately. If HubSpot prevents the email from ever being sent (because the contact unsubscribed or bounced before, for example), that information isn't stored.

You can only filter those contacts where there has been an attempt of setting: When you're setting up this branch in the workflow, select the Filter type Marketing emails...

karstenkoehler_0-1628655769550.png

... select your email and then choose "Contact was sent email but didn't receive it". This would capture fresh bounces, for example.

karstenkoehler_1-1628655814490.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EGJade,

This is currently not possible, unfortunately. If HubSpot prevents the email from ever being sent (because the contact unsubscribed or bounced before, for example), that information isn't stored.

You can only filter those contacts where there has been an attempt of setting: When you're setting up this branch in the workflow, select the Filter type Marketing emails...

karstenkoehler_0-1628655769550.png

... select your email and then choose "Contact was sent email but didn't receive it". This would capture fresh bounces, for example.

karstenkoehler_1-1628655814490.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes