Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

arandazzo
Participant

If/Then didn't click on link

SOLVE

I am a little confused with the If/Then branch for "didn't click on link" option. I would assume that the green option would be for anyone who didn't click on the link, because the if/then statement would be true, but when I did a test criteria, it sent the person who didn't click on the link to the red. So now I'm pretty sure that the red path is where people who don't click on the link will go, but I just want confirmation so that I do not mess up my workflow. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @arandazzo,

The "didn't click on a link" criterion comes with another condition: "opened [email] but didn't click on a link". Both need to be true for a contact to go down the green/yes path. If a contact has not opened an email, they'll go down the red/no path. Can you verify that your contact fulfills both criteria: email open AND click?

If the person has opened AND clicked and still goes down the red/no path, can you share an image of the workflow (click "More" below the "Review" button and then "Export")? We'll have another look.

If you want to separate all contacts who've clicked from those who haven't, there are two options:

1. Add more criteria, combined by OR. You'd have to include all contacts who received but didn't open (because they haven't clicked a link either).
  2. Use "Contact clicked a link in email" as a branch criterion instead of "didn't click". The contacts from your previous yes/green branch will now take the no/red branch.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @arandazzo,

The "didn't click on a link" criterion comes with another condition: "opened [email] but didn't click on a link". Both need to be true for a contact to go down the green/yes path. If a contact has not opened an email, they'll go down the red/no path. Can you verify that your contact fulfills both criteria: email open AND click?

If the person has opened AND clicked and still goes down the red/no path, can you share an image of the workflow (click "More" below the "Review" button and then "Export")? We'll have another look.

If you want to separate all contacts who've clicked from those who haven't, there are two options:

1. Add more criteria, combined by OR. You'd have to include all contacts who received but didn't open (because they haven't clicked a link either).
  2. Use "Contact clicked a link in email" as a branch criterion instead of "didn't click". The contacts from your previous yes/green branch will now take the no/red branch.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BDeVilla

SOLVE

Same problem. I followed one reply from an article here as well that instead of "Clicked a link in an email" use "Pageview". I created a unique landing page specifically for that.

awfafafa.JPG

However, whenever I do an actual test  - the contact still goes to "NO" even if I have clicked and viewed the landing page multiple times. I even set a 1 day delay before "NO" is triggered but it just keeps on going to that path.

wafafa.JPG

Again, what I wanted was if the Verification page was viewed, contact should not have been directed to "no". 

When tested on the test feature on the right side bar, it's showing the result that I want, but when run through an actual contact test it's not working.

etrdhdetr.JPG

0 Upvotes
arandazzo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, thank you for your answer! I didn't take that into account when doing my test, and because the email hasn't sent out yet it makes sense that the entire criteria wouldn't be filled. Thank you for clarifying this for me.