Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kframpton
Participant

Identifying a repeat caller

SOLVE

We are trying to create a workflow trigger based on when someone calls in. We are using CallRail to track all of our calls, so right now the trigger is when the "first tracking number" property is "known." The problem becomes when someone calls back in. The first tracking number is already known and recorded in Hubspot, so we don't have a "trigger" to enroll them in the workflow. 

As far as I know, there's no way to trigger a workflow off of an inbound call except for when the first tracking property is known. 

Any recommendations? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @kframpton

I am unfamiliar with the CallRail integration, but based on my investigating it is supported by CallRail; have you reached out to their support or Community to see if there are any other properties that update when a caller calls back in? From a HubSpot perspective you are correct that you would need some property to update or change in order to enroll them in the workflow. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
GFP1963
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I am new to communicating in the Hubspot Community so bear with me if.

I see this was marked as solved in 2017. Since the update to the CallRail API we have been experiencing a similar issue - along with a number of others - that I have a number of emails to/from between HS and CR. There used to be system notifications that could be generated as the call were recorded as form submissions. So like any other form you could have notifications sent to whoever. Now call are recorded as Engagements and tracked as Activity. New workflows need to be created to accommodate this and you have to essentially (re)create the notifications that the systemt was sending (the notifications from CR directly are being received, but the client is also integrated with Salesforce and those actiivities were pushed to SF from HS). Back to the notifications - in addition to certain fields of data not populating (call duration, recording link, etc) because these transaction are being handled as Activities, and a contact can (apparently) only be put through a WF Activity one time, only the first call from a contact triggers a notification. I *think* all the calls are recorded in the contact history but need to confirm that. Additionally the calls are recorded in the contact history as if they were outbound calls - FROM the client TO the contact.

0 Upvotes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @kframpton

I am unfamiliar with the CallRail integration, but based on my investigating it is supported by CallRail; have you reached out to their support or Community to see if there are any other properties that update when a caller calls back in? From a HubSpot perspective you are correct that you would need some property to update or change in order to enroll them in the workflow. 

0 Upvotes