Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Tumbleweed
Contributor

I would like to have a list of the most engaged contacts within a campaign

SOLVE

Dear Hubspotanians

I would like to have a list of the most engaged contacts within a campaign.

I would like to start from the top of such a list and contact those who are most likely to buy.

Most engaged in my case would be number of page views associated with that campaign and number of time marketing emails associated with that campaign has been opened. 

For some years I have been careful and chosen a campaign for all my emails and landing pages without knowing why. I then got this idea and thought that would work but unfortunately, Hubspot tells me that is not possible.

Then I am looking for an alternative way to find out who has engaged the most within all emails and pages created within a certain campaign.

Would it somehow be possible to specify all emails and pages created within a certain campaign and to have a list of the people who have engaged the most among them?

Please note that I do not just want a long list of people who have somehow engaged but be able to sort it to have top engagers at the top.

In my specific case, I have used different and unique keywords for all Internal page names or Internal email names for each campaign. Could that help me to filter out the relevant emails and pages?

KR

Mårten

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Josh is spot on, @Tumbleweed,

And, if you're using HubSpot Enterprise you have the option of setting a separate lead score for each area of interest -- e.g., each of your 12 turbine-specific user groups.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tumbleweed,

This is best suited for lead scoring. You can apply positive scores to the attributes that would make a prospect more likely to buy. You can also apply negative scores to the attributes that would make them less likely to buy. From there, you can look at any list of contacts and sort them by their lead score. The higher the lead score, the more engaged (if you've set up your lead scoring properly).

Note, you'll need Pro or Enterprise to accomplish this. 

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Tumbleweed
Contributor

SOLVE
Hi Josh

I have seen a little about scores but I am not sure it will help me.

My business is to facilitate and manage for wind turbine owners to collaborate, to have them all to gain from this and make wind energy more competitive.

Lately I have developed 12 turbine-specific user groups. In a user group owners of the same turbine, collaborate.

Now I have members in 25 countries on 6 continents. One energy company can own 20 different turbine models. Maybe they are very curious on group A, somewhat interested in group B and mildly interested in group C.

So I have 12 different campaigns all with a set of specific landing pages and marketing emails.

So even with high scores I still wouldnt know which of my 12 campaigns they would be interested in.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Josh is spot on, @Tumbleweed,

And, if you're using HubSpot Enterprise you have the option of setting a separate lead score for each area of interest -- e.g., each of your 12 turbine-specific user groups.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Tumbleweed
Contributor

SOLVE

Ok so this is where good ideas are found - on the other side of your subscription. I am a one-person operation, very happy for how I am able to keep it that way, using Hubspot but Enterprise would be an overkill.

Is there any other way? In Lists I could mark up a marketing email and then have "has opened" and underneath I could add on OR and a second email, a third etc. Then in columns for that list I can add on the property: Marketing email opened. The column that appears: Marketing email opened what does the number underneath stand for. Does it list how many emails that specific contact has opened all time in general or does it only include how many time they have opened the emails that I have specified in the list?

0 Upvotes
Anurag_
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tumbleweed,

I'm hoping you would have already figured out a solution for this problem by now, but I came across your question while I was trying to work on a similar list and thought I'd drop a suggestion.

When you create a contact list based on 'marketing emails opened' or 'marketing emails clicked', hubspot takes into account the all time marketing emails sent to the contacts. I think for your purpose you could apply an 'AND' logic to your list and apply an additional layer of list membership. For e.g. you could create a list of contacts that belong to an email distribution list for one of your user groups AND apply a 'marketing emails opened' is greater than X (an acceptable benchmark based on the number of mails you send out). Do you think that would work?

0 Upvotes