Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Gavlar01

I want to create a relationship between a custom field on the company and the associated contacts

SOLVE

Hi guys, we have just imported all of our salesforce data into hubspot, one issue we have run into is that on salesforce we have a custom field which is stored against the company record called brand with a 2 option drop down choice.

On hubspot we also have that record on the company record created as a custom field. All is fine.

On salesforce we could export the contacts which we associated with companies that matched one of those custom fields so that we could mailshot based on which if the dropdown answers we chose.

On hubspot this is a challange because we need to create the export from the contacts and the custom field is on the company record, is there a way of updating all of the contacts that are associated with comapnies that match one of the choices on the custom field?

thanks 

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

I want to create a relationship between a custom field on the company and the associated contacts

SOLVE

Hi, @Gavlar01. There's no relationship data type available in HubSpot properties. Based on what you're describing, however, you should still be able to build a list of the desired contacts in HubSpot. 

Building a smart list with any criteria you describe returns only contacts. If contacts are associated with companies or deals, then you can use those company or deal criteria as part of your list logic. As long as those associations exist - whether done on the Salesforce side and synced to HubSpot, or vice versa - your list could contain criteria of "Has value X in company property Y".

When you export the list, you'll be able to include any contact or company properties you like, including the company property you're using as a list filter. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Gavlar01. There's no relationship data type available in HubSpot properties. Based on what you're describing, however, you should still be able to build a list of the desired contacts in HubSpot. 

Building a smart list with any criteria you describe returns only contacts. If contacts are associated with companies or deals, then you can use those company or deal criteria as part of your list logic. As long as those associations exist - whether done on the Salesforce side and synced to HubSpot, or vice versa - your list could contain criteria of "Has value X in company property Y".

When you export the list, you'll be able to include any contact or company properties you like, including the company property you're using as a list filter. 

0 Upvotes
Gavlar01

SOLVE

Is this available in the free version?

0 Upvotes
guidoperaltas
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same problem with the free version.

I need to filter contacts based on Company industry.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

It looks like this is only available with the paid versions of the marketing product. If you're currently talking with someone in sales at HubSpot, you may want to try reaching out to see if this is something that can be enabled in a trial. (If you haven't spoken with anyone before, the chatbot at https://offers.hubspot.com/free-trial should direct you to a salesperson quickly.)

0 Upvotes