Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AlexiaR
Participant

Hubspot is not mapping all my salesforce fields

SOLVE

Hello! I'm trying to create a workflow that is triggered everytime a lead goes into salesforce. The problem is, I have to put as a trigger that the workflows starts with the lead created date and hubspot is not mapping this correctly.

It shows information until the first days of december 2018, but nothing from this lasts days, even when I do have new leads that were created.

For example, if I put that they sent the emails to all leads created yesterday, it says that there's no match.. and I have several leads created yesterdays, but hubspot is not finding them, can you help me?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Okay, thanks. Couple of things you're going to run into with that sort of use case: 

1) Salesforce web-to-lead forms account for duplicate submissions. You can spam the same info over and over and over again, and it'll create a new lead on submit every time, regardless how much is duplicated. This creates an issue with HubSpot, where the email address is the unique identifier, so it's impossible to have duplicates on the HubSpot side. 

If someone completes a duplicate web-to-lead submission from your Salesforce form - or, if someone creates a duplicate with an existing record in Salesforce - then the association on the HubSpot contact changes to that newly-submitted lead. 

Creating or editing a record that's duplicated on email in Salesforce changes the association to that newly-created or recently-updated record with the duplicate email in Salesforce. It is an incredibly frustrating behavior, and while it is possible to circumvent, doing so is extremely nontrivial work to configure.

If it's at all possible with your business case, I strongly recommend using HubSpot forms, which will avoid this duplication behavior. The cost is the minute or two it will take from the submission on the HubSpot form to sync to Salesforce, but you avoid the form creating a duplicate this way.

2) If you're creating leads in Salesforce with web-to-lead forms, you have the auto-add feature turned on, where HubSpot contacts are automatically created when new Salesforce leads get created. 

There should be a list in your portal, created by default, called "Auto-added from Salesforce". This list contains all HubSpot contacts who were added this way. [NOTE: Never delete this list; it is not able to be restored, even with HubSpot's help.]

You can use this list membership as part of your workflow. Anyone who joins Auto-added from Salesforce today can receive your emails.

3) Based on what you've described, there's no reason the Salesforce created date you mapped shouldn't be able to be used in your HubSpot workflow. Just make sure you're using the custom HubSpot property from that mapping, and not the Salesforce created date value. Make sure all records have resynced since you created the mapping, if they haven't already.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @AlexiaR. You may want to map the Salesforce create date to a custom HubSpot property, to manage these kinds of tasks. That would allow you to segment off of a concrete date, and also in an is known/unknown kind of way, and could also be used as HubSpot workflow criteria.

0 Upvotes
AlexiaR
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin! First of all, thank you for your quick answer!! That's actually what I did, I created a new hubspot property and linked it with "Created date" in salesforce, and It works, until a certain date.

If I setup the workflow to take all leads created yesterday, it says there's zero, even when I know there are (I can see them in salesforce). Here are some printscreens, the example is when I choose 12/16/2018:

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.05.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.02.34 AM.png

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Can you say more about what you're trying to accomplish? I think I misunderstood the objective. I understand you want to identify when HubSpot created a lead in Salesforce. But for what purpose? What you'll need to do depends on what your ultimate objective is.

0 Upvotes
AlexiaR
Participant

SOLVE

Of course!

In the website I have a form, it's not a form created through hubspot, I created it with salesforce and it drives all the data directly into salesforce.

I want to start a nurturing campaign with Hubspot, one that goes automatically, what I want is, every time a new lead gets into salesforce I want to start the workflow, that has mutliple emails that are going ot be sent automatically.

For this I have to create a trigger, one that takes all new leads that arrive, and sends them the first email 10 minutes after they get into salesforce (And I also want to create a different workflow for all the old leads I have there too), that's why I need to know the date when all the leads arrived for the first time.

Did I explained myself?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Okay, thanks. Couple of things you're going to run into with that sort of use case: 

1) Salesforce web-to-lead forms account for duplicate submissions. You can spam the same info over and over and over again, and it'll create a new lead on submit every time, regardless how much is duplicated. This creates an issue with HubSpot, where the email address is the unique identifier, so it's impossible to have duplicates on the HubSpot side. 

If someone completes a duplicate web-to-lead submission from your Salesforce form - or, if someone creates a duplicate with an existing record in Salesforce - then the association on the HubSpot contact changes to that newly-submitted lead. 

Creating or editing a record that's duplicated on email in Salesforce changes the association to that newly-created or recently-updated record with the duplicate email in Salesforce. It is an incredibly frustrating behavior, and while it is possible to circumvent, doing so is extremely nontrivial work to configure.

If it's at all possible with your business case, I strongly recommend using HubSpot forms, which will avoid this duplication behavior. The cost is the minute or two it will take from the submission on the HubSpot form to sync to Salesforce, but you avoid the form creating a duplicate this way.

2) If you're creating leads in Salesforce with web-to-lead forms, you have the auto-add feature turned on, where HubSpot contacts are automatically created when new Salesforce leads get created. 

There should be a list in your portal, created by default, called "Auto-added from Salesforce". This list contains all HubSpot contacts who were added this way. [NOTE: Never delete this list; it is not able to be restored, even with HubSpot's help.]

You can use this list membership as part of your workflow. Anyone who joins Auto-added from Salesforce today can receive your emails.

3) Based on what you've described, there's no reason the Salesforce created date you mapped shouldn't be able to be used in your HubSpot workflow. Just make sure you're using the custom HubSpot property from that mapping, and not the Salesforce created date value. Make sure all records have resynced since you created the mapping, if they haven't already.

0 Upvotes
AlexiaR
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much!! I fixed it with your help, you've been extremely helpful!!!