Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Schludini
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

HubSpot x Paypal Integration and Workflow Actions

SOLVE

Hi All,

So one of our non profit clients is interested in a campaign centered around donors which would include users donating through PayPal. If we were to run a workflow, with HubSpot's Paypal integration would we be able to have contacts removed from a workflow that would have multiple emails after submitting a payment on PayPal?

In other words is there a way to remove a user from a workflow after submitting a payment/donation throught HubSpot's PayPal integration? 

I couldn't seem to find any info on this through Google so I figured I would come here!

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Schludini,

At this stage, there is only one app on the HubSpot App Marketplace that offers an integration with PayPal, DepositFix. Their value proposition is that DepositFix was "Built to integrate HubSpot with PayPal and Stripe and accept payments directly through HubSpot forms, DepositFix is quick and easy to set up, provides significant additional data on the activity of your donors, and makes it easy for members of your team to manage refunds and payments from directly within the CRM". Donors are being can be redirected to a thank you page after they finish their payment – if nothing else works, the view of this page could be your workflow unenrollment trigger.

You could also explore the Zapier integration for HubSpot and PayPal. Available triggers are for example "Successful Sale" and "All Merchant Transactions".

You might also find this thread on non-profit donation management helpful.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Schludini,

At this stage, there is only one app on the HubSpot App Marketplace that offers an integration with PayPal, DepositFix. Their value proposition is that DepositFix was "Built to integrate HubSpot with PayPal and Stripe and accept payments directly through HubSpot forms, DepositFix is quick and easy to set up, provides significant additional data on the activity of your donors, and makes it easy for members of your team to manage refunds and payments from directly within the CRM". Donors are being can be redirected to a thank you page after they finish their payment – if nothing else works, the view of this page could be your workflow unenrollment trigger.

You could also explore the Zapier integration for HubSpot and PayPal. Available triggers are for example "Successful Sale" and "All Merchant Transactions".

You might also find this thread on non-profit donation management helpful.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

rikkilear
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey,

Just to clarify, which HubSpot Paypal intergration are you planning to use?

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

Free HubSpot Training: https://www.digital22.com/free-2021-training

Schludini
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

This is a good question because I am not sure which one to choose/which one would be best to set up. Any feedback on this would also be appreciated. Basically with an email campaign encouraging donations we would like to remove a contact from the email workflow if they were to submit a donation through PayPal. I was just wondering if this was even a possibility with any of the integrations available!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Schludini 

Thank you for reaching out!

I want to tag some of our experts - @GeorgeBThomas @rikkilear @Aakar do you have any thoughts for @Schludini on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @Schludini It's not clear on how or which Paypal integration are you going to use?

Anyways, you can create a suppression list based on the workflows or any other properties (it's great if you can use Paypal properties directly on HubSpot), or create a goal based on the action. If you're simply talking about removing users from the workflow, you can do it directly from the workflow settings as well. 

Let me know if it does not help.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
Schludini
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi!

Yes this makes sense!

I am still figuring out how to proceed with the PayPal integration, I was unaware that there were multiple. Essentially we would be running an email campaign encouraging donations, the goal of the workflow would be to get a contact to donate, and if that occured we would like to unenroll them from the workflow based of the action of donating. I was just wondering if this was possible. I am not sure which integration would be best for achieving this and automating things as much as possible.

Thanks!