Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

csbri
Contributeur

HubSpot is deleting contacts randomly

Résolue

Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed we have contacts that are disappearing from our database seemingly randomly. When we re-add them, their information is all there. None of us are deleting them, we have no workflows set to delete anything. This is very concerning; why is it happening? 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @csbri 

I have read that creating a new contact with the exact email address of a deleted one restores the lost information, so I'm glad this is working for you. 

However, HubSpot should not (dare I say could not) be deleting contacts for you - there is normally another explanation, or culprit. 

Have you got any systems integrated with HubSpot, directly or via API, that could have the power to delete? I.e. Salesforce? Or any users that might not know what they are doing?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

9 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

Hi @csbri 

I have read that creating a new contact with the exact email address of a deleted one restores the lost information, so I'm glad this is working for you. 

However, HubSpot should not (dare I say could not) be deleting contacts for you - there is normally another explanation, or culprit. 

Have you got any systems integrated with HubSpot, directly or via API, that could have the power to delete? I.e. Salesforce? Or any users that might not know what they are doing?

csbri
Contributeur

Résolue

No to both questions. No integrations and all of our users are either restricted or know how to use contacts.

0 Votes
Phil_Vallender

Résolue

Hi @csbri 

Hmm, ok. Is there any chance that contacts are being overwitten by people using the same computer (i.e. cookie) to submit different data? 

If not, this might be one for @jennysowyrda 

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @csbri,

Thanks for the ping @Phil_Vallender 

I am on standby if the issue is not that contacts are being overridden. If you can share specific examples (feel free to direct message any links to contact records), I am happy to investigate this further!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Votes
jesssmithFM
Membre

Résolue

The same thing is happening for us. 

Contacts are disappearing (but the notes from their calls are in the deal) and they are recent ones we've worked and they're not showing up in the recycle bin to recover either (I've been searching the knowledgebase on this).

We also had a deal disappear as well.

Was there any traction in the investigation with this issue?

0 Votes
jennysowyrda

Résolue

Hi @jesssmithFM,

Have you reached out to HubSpot technical support regarding this issue? If this is urgent, I would recommend connecting with them as support is included in your subscription. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Votes
csbri
Contributeur

Résolue

My issue was solved internally; we had someone accidentally deleting them.

MFrankJohnson
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

Cool. Please mark as solved (by Phil Valender) ...

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
csbri
Contributeur

Résolue

No, we shut cookies off any time we have form submissions in that situation (i.e., events) and don't have any other situation where multiple users would be on the same device.

0 Votes