HubSpot Score Property - Maximum Filters Reached

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

It would be beneficial to increase the maximum HubSpot Score property filters within the platform. Recently, we hit our maximum and HubSpot Support Staff were unable to find a solution and mentioned that it is a "limitation within the platform."

If there is no way to increase properties filters (after 100), then the HubSpot Score property should at least have the ability to use the "Or" logic language so that we can minimize our criteria under several filters -- similarily to how Active Lists work within the platform.

Please let our team know if you have a workaround or solution to our problem. Thank you in advance! 

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Wow, 100 filters?  Can you post an example of some things you are scoring on?  Maybe we can help you think of other ways to do this based on what you are looking to achieve.

Also, you can have multiple scoring properties. I know with the company I am with now I run 2 scoring properties and have been with companies using more than a dozen.  So maybe the answer is breaking apart your scoring to give you a new perspective on your contacts.

Highlighted

Absolutely. An excellent example is via CTA clicks within three specific email series and for each click, they get one point. The series has between 10 and 13 emails with 10 - 13 CTAs. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Ok, as follow up questions to this design:

- Are there 13 different CTAs within the workflows? Or are some re-used, if so, how many total unique CTAs are there?

- Would customers potentially go through all 3 programs, or are these product/solution groupings?

- What level plan are you on with Hubspot? Are you only using a single scoring property for this or multiple scoring properties?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hello Ben! 

Q: Are there 13 different CTAs within the workflows? Or are some re-used, if so, how many total unique CTAs are there?

A: Total unique CTAs:  18

Q: Would customers potentially go through all 3 programs, or are these product/solution groupings?
A:  A contact would generally go through one of the three programs.

Q: What level plan are you on with Hubspot? Are you only using a single scoring property for this or multiple scoring properties?
A: We have the Marketing Hub Entreprise and we are using multiple scoring properties.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

I'll admit I'm struggling a bit to think of a true alternative because of a few things.

First, your comment about getting the ability to use OR instead of AND. While that is valid, and if there isn't an idea on the idea forum already I would definitely vote for it, the issue I'm struggling with is how that would help in your example. For instance, you have 18 unique CTAs and offer a point each. So in this case, if you setup an OR rule to look for CTA 1 or 2 or 3, etc, you would just end up doing this for each of the CTAs which doesn't make sense.

The next thought I have is looking further into your overall scoring. What makes an MQL in your system?  What do the numbers mean when a sales person sees them?  Does 1 point really make a substantial difference in identifying MQLs, etc. If not, maybe it's worth evaluating grouping some of your scoring rules together.  

The final thought I'm having really shows my age with using automation platforms.  Well before Hubspot was doing was it is doing today, with some of the older solutions, we used to build workflows to do scoring instead of these types of fields.  This has led to the "cleaner" systems that are in place today.  The risk, is that you could potentially be pushing through high volumes of leads through workflows on a consistent basis, but that's another question entirely.  The short of this is, you build a workflow and anyone on an active list continues to go through this. To prevent an endless loop, put a pause step at the end to re-evaluate every 24-48 hours minimum or more depending on the spacing of your email workflow (or sooner/later depending on your volume to be scored).  As everyone goes through the scoring workflow, evaluate their engagement with the email workflow and use the increase/decrease property value action to change their score. If you need this pushed back to the scoring field you could setup rules to look at the score from the field the workflow is setting.  You would be able to get around limits with this workflow and control the scoring how you want and may be a solution for you.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I realize this is 4 months later, but we were going to run in to the same thing (100 field/filter limit) with our scoring because we wanted each webinar to be scored separately - opposed to putting webinar attendees in a list where contacts would be deduplicated (...a contact attending one webinar = 10 pts & and contact attending 5 webinars, put in the same "webinar list" would also = 10 pts).

I created mulitple scoring properties and created a property with Field Type = Calculation to add them together.  So three properties added together in a "calculation property"... "Behavior Score" + "Demographic Score" + "Webinar Score" = "Lead Score". I hope your found your answer! 🙂

Highlighted
Community Superstar

It can be challenging to find a scoring scenario that cannot be solved by using one or more of the following combined HubSpot features despite the 100 rule limitation ...

• Multiple scoring properties.
  • Scoring properties plus calculated properties.
  • Smart lists as scoring rules.
  • Workflow if/then branching.

The trick is finding the right person/people with the requisite HubSpot knowledge and experience, and who can approach the problem both strategically and tactically to implement a solution for your specific use case. If you have an advanced use case, perhaps HubSpot Ongoing Technical Consulting services is your best path forward.

The above withstanding, complex lead scoring is an advanced topic that simply takes lots of planning and work to implement effectively. Do it right and the world is a pandemic-free haven. 🙂 Do it wrong and you end up having to RE-score the entire database ... and all that that entails. 😞

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Register here for Inbound 2020

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes