Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

CelineHermans

How to: trigger workflow for contacts **bleep**. with new customers only

SOLVE

Hi experts,

Would love to hear your thoughts on this problem I've been facing regarding a workflow.

I want to send an automated e-mail to all contacts associated to a company as soon as that company becomes a customer. So ideally it would be something like this:

Trigger:

Primary associated company's Lifecycle Stage has changed from "X" to "Customer".

>

All contacts associated with this company get e-mail "X"

I've tried doing this in a contact based workflow, but I cannot exclude existing companys with property Lifecycle stage = Customer from this workflow. Meaning all contacts from current customers will also get this email as soon as I publish the workflow. Which I don't want, I only want to auto email contacts from new customers. 

I've also tried doing this in a company based workflow. I feel like it should work here, but I'm not sure if this is the right way;

Screenshot 2023-03-24 140752.png

Can anyone confirm if, with this workflow, I'll send an auto email only to contacts associated with companies that just became customers?

Note: we track lifecycle stage property on company level, not contact level

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CelineHermans 

As long as you do not enable re-enrollment on that company lifecycle stage property, and when activating the workflow do not enroll companies that already meet the criteria, then the workflow will only trigger once, the first time a company becomes a customer and only email the contacts associated at that time. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CelineHermans 

As long as you do not enable re-enrollment on that company lifecycle stage property, and when activating the workflow do not enroll companies that already meet the criteria, then the workflow will only trigger once, the first time a company becomes a customer and only email the contacts associated at that time. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
CelineHermans

SOLVE

Yes this clears it up, thank you very much Phil!