Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

rsklar
Membro

How to test SFDC lead assignment rules from Hubspot

resolver

Hi all,

I'm a Hubspot (and CRM) newbie. Our company has recently implemented Hubspot, but we are still in the process of ironing out the integration between SFDC and Hubspot.

Our Sales ops manager has set up lead assignment rules in SFDC for inbound leads. Depending on the company size, uinbound leads should be assigned to different queues (>200 - Queue 1;<200 Queue 2,  Company size Null - Queue 1). 

We now want to test these lead assignment rules by passing through 10 test leads of the varying company sizes to see that it's working ok. I am completely new at this, so am feeling a little lost (so please be nice 😉 ) I have tried to create a couple of fake contacts in Hubspot, but I'm not sure that what I'm doing is correct. 

1. I created a completely bogus contact as a lead (i.e. no real domain) - my intention for this one was to test the unknown cumpany size lead assignment rule. The lead synced to SFDC, but the rule didn't get activated. 

2. I created a test contact using a domain of a real company (i.e. company size is known), and again, nothing. 

What am I doing wrong here, and what should I be doing instead?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Aakar
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Thanks @sharonlicari 

Hi @rsklar 

First, you need to decide how do you want to utilize or segment the company size? If you're using a third-party tool with SFDC, you can use those properties to segment the contacts by company size.

HubSpot has a default company property called the Number of employee (total number of people who work for the company). If you provide a company's website domain name, HubSpot will attempt to automatically populate the properties with HubSpot Insights. That means, for any domain name, HubSpot will automatically populate the employee count for you. 

You can create a list based on the number of employees and use it in the workflows. You can set the rule in the workflows. If >200 --> Route to A team. Alternatively, you can create your own custom field in the contact object as well, and copy company size value to your contact. 

Thanks

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @rsklar 

Welcome to the Community!

I want to share this really nice post where you can find Step by Step Guide to setting up your SFDC integration

Also, I'd invite a few experts that can share their experience with you about this integration. 

Hey @Phil_Vallender @Drew_Cohen @Aakar what would you advise in this case?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
Aakar
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Thanks @sharonlicari 

Hi @rsklar 

First, you need to decide how do you want to utilize or segment the company size? If you're using a third-party tool with SFDC, you can use those properties to segment the contacts by company size.

HubSpot has a default company property called the Number of employee (total number of people who work for the company). If you provide a company's website domain name, HubSpot will attempt to automatically populate the properties with HubSpot Insights. That means, for any domain name, HubSpot will automatically populate the employee count for you. 

You can create a list based on the number of employees and use it in the workflows. You can set the rule in the workflows. If >200 --> Route to A team. Alternatively, you can create your own custom field in the contact object as well, and copy company size value to your contact. 

Thanks

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost