Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Dramaboy
Participant

How to set contact properties in a workflow when data set is long

SOLVE

For our business we have 216 markets mapped against 40,000 postal codes.  When a lead indicates their postal code, I would like to automatically assign the market.  We do this now manually using Excel's Vlookup, but it requires us to touch every record.  When I go to set up the workflow, I cannot assign a batch of postal codes; instead, I have to enter each one individually, otherwise it will read as one long numerical strand.  The only way I can see to set it up is to enter each postal code as an "is any" input.  I could do "starts with," but Hubspot does not allow for a from/to entry to assign a range.  Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dramaboy 

This sounds like something you would probably have to use the API to achieve. Or perhaps Zapier - have you tried that?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ScottHemmeter
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I realize this question is quite old, but it's a classic problem. I wanted to inform you that we have a solution for you. We had this same type of challenge and decided to build a HubSpot app for it. It's called VLOOKUP for Workflow and it just launched on the Marketplace today. It allows you to reference a Google Sheet or upload your own CSV data and use that source as a lookup table in HubSpot. You can then use the result downstream in your workflow. It's simple, scalable, and affordable.

In your example, you'd keep a Google Sheet with a row per postal code and another column with the corresponding market. The VLOOKUP action would take care of getting the information for you and you could update HubSpot.

2023-02-08_10-09-55.png

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dramaboy 

This sounds like something you would probably have to use the API to achieve. Or perhaps Zapier - have you tried that?

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Dramaboy
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Phil,

Many thanks for the reply.  Your suggestion got me on the right track.  We are going to use a webhook to accomplish this.

Thanks!

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Awesome - sounds like a good solution.

0 Upvotes