Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MNeu2
Participant

How to send email if contact enters workflow on a weekend

SOLVE

I'd like to send a different automated email if a contact enters my workflow on a weekend.

When a lead signs up for a demo, they fill in a Hubspot form and enter my workflow. If said contact submits the form on a weekend, I want to send them an email that is different to the one we're sending right now.

I played around with the if/else functionality but there appears to be no property that could automatically note if it was the weekend or not. 
A second idea was to duplicate the workflow and only let it fire on weekends, however, this would enroll the same contacts as in the original flow.

Is there anyone who had a similiar issue and found a workaround?
Looking forward to hear your suggestions!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MNeu2,

The best way to solve this currently is by using two workflows - and using the working hours options in the settings tab of the workflow.

One workflow would deliver emails Mo through Fr, another would deliver emails Sa through Su. In both workflows, make sure to set up unenrollment criteria or workflow goals to exclude contacts who have received either the Mo-Fr or Sa-Su email - so that there isn't any risk of contacts receiving the email from both workflows.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@MNeu2 it won't get any more straightforward than this - trying to merge this into one workflow would mean involving custom code and that would increase complexity.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MNeu2
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestion! That worked, however, I do have to make adjustments to the flows on a continuous basis, so that would be double work for me everytime. 

Is there any other workaround you could think of? 😊

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@MNeu2 it won't get any more straightforward than this - trying to merge this into one workflow would mean involving custom code and that would increase complexity.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MNeu2,

The best way to solve this currently is by using two workflows - and using the working hours options in the settings tab of the workflow.

One workflow would deliver emails Mo through Fr, another would deliver emails Sa through Su. In both workflows, make sure to set up unenrollment criteria or workflow goals to exclude contacts who have received either the Mo-Fr or Sa-Su email - so that there isn't any risk of contacts receiving the email from both workflows.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes