Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

TriciaT
Membro

How to re-engage disengaged contacts

resolver

Any ideas on how to re-engage those contacts on the low engagement/disengaged contact list?  I want to include some of the contacts that we're targeting when sending a marketing email but when I include them individually and have the "Don't send to contacts with low engagement" checked, these individuals still won't receive the email.  I want to protect our email reputation but I can't figure out how to selectively try to re-engage certain contacts.

Thanks!

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @TriciaT

This is a tricky topic. 

When we think about how to re-engage with disengaged leads, the solution that most businesses adopt is the 'do you still want our emails' email. 

This may have some effect but I'm inclined to think it would get more people to unsubscribe (not a bad thing if they are disengaged) than to re-engage with your emails. 

A different approach could be to ask them what you are doing wrong or what's missing from your communications - getting that feedback could help you to keep them and others engaged longer. 

In terms of a selective approach, you could create a static list to which you add the contacts you want to re-engage and then build a workflow to send the re-engagment email when contacts are added to the list. 

I'd be interested to know if you try any of this and how it goes. 

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

8 Respostas 8
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @TriciaT

This is a tricky topic. 

When we think about how to re-engage with disengaged leads, the solution that most businesses adopt is the 'do you still want our emails' email.

This may have some effect but I'm inclined to think it would get more people to unsubscribe (not a bad thing if they are disengaged) than to re-engage with your emails.

A different approach could be to ask them what you are doing wrong or what's missing from your communications - getting that feedback could help you to keep them and others engaged longer.

In terms of a selective approach, you could create a static list to which you add the contacts you want to re-engage and then build a workflow to send a re-engage email when contacts are added to the list. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Avaliação positiva
SMartinSJC
Participante

resolver

Yeah, I've been "unengaged" from my own marketing emails. lol Found myself in the unengaged list, but I can't remove myself.

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @SMartinSJC, thank you for posting in our Community.

Do you mind providing more details on your specific case? If you want, you can create a new post with more information. Since this is an old thread, I want to make sure we have the most updated reply for you.

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
donrua
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

I don't understand this answer, but have the same question. If HS auto creates and unengaged list, and auto applies it so you cannot send email to them, how can you send them a "do you still want to hear from us" email? We wanted to offer a nice deal ,freebie, just to see if they are a live account, but as far as I can tell HS blocks sending to the unengaged list.

BuyGoldAndBTC
Participante

resolver

Yes!  Sure would be nice to see the "graymail" list so it can be managed!!

0 Avaliação positiva
danwhiting
Membro

resolver

The list is in our account as "unengaged." The settings on what qualifies is in your account settings. 

You can send to the list by creating an email and unchecking "don't send to unengaged contacts". 

BuyGoldAndBTC
Participante

resolver

Thanks for the answer, that it's under the "Unengaged" list!  Fixed it for me!

Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @TriciaT

This is a tricky topic. 

In terms of a selective approach, you could create a static list to which you add the contacts you want to re-engage and then build a workflow to send the re-engagment email when contacts are added to the list. 

Hope that helps.