Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KerrieSheaves
参加者

How to overcome 1000 Contact Properties limit for Postcode/ Zip and Suburb?

解決

Has anyone managed to work out how you can overcome the property limit? 

I need to include a list of 16000 suburbs, and their corresponding postcodes (the postcodes are under 1000 but each postcode has multiple Suburb names within that zip/postcode). 

For mailing purposes we need to be accurate with the suburb name.

Any ideas?? 

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Mike_Eastwood
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

解決

Hi @KerrieSheaves 

My first reaction is to create a HubSpot Integration (App) that sets the property from an external source.

The App would work something like this:

1. when Suburb is changed in HubSpot call a Webhook (in the App)

2. the App looks up the suburb and populates the Suburb (with the correct capitalisation) and sets the Zip Code.

Alternately, if the data is entered by a HubSpot user (in the CRM) or a Form (on a website) you could have some Javascript to create a "predictive text" list. When a choice is made it populates all your required fields e.g. suburb, zip.

I would need to know more about your business process to narrow this down to a practical solution. And, the solutions I'm recommending require time and budget.

Do you need to handle countries? (We're in New Zealand so we often fight with forms that won't validate our address).

Feel free to contact me directly if I can help.

Cheers

Mike

p.s. thank you @jennysowyrda for the heads up!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

mike-ward
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @KerrieSheaves ,

I may be missing something here, but the 1,000 contact properties limit is for creating custom fields. The number of fields you should need for this usecase is just zip and suburb, right? What you want is a restriction on the number of valid values for each one, right?

How is your data being entered here? From a form directly by users? If so, the solution suggested by @Mike_Eastwood to validate this upon entry is definitely the way to go. With 16,000 suburbs, you probably want to do something like store that in a JSON file then parse it using a search library in JavaScript so users pick out what they need. Your forms will then always be correct at the point of entry.

And you can use a similar approach for entering contacts internally, rather than using Create New Contact directly in the HubSpot UI. Given that you have 16,000 suburbs you'll also (presumably) need a process for updating those suburbs as new suburbs are created, so having a standard structured JSON file will help with that process.

For such a specific requirement, I definitely think you're looking at a little custom development here, I can't see any way of doing this just with out-of-the-box HubSpot functionality.

Master data is always fun 🙂

Cheers,

Mike

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
mike-ward
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @KerrieSheaves ,

I may be missing something here, but the 1,000 contact properties limit is for creating custom fields. The number of fields you should need for this usecase is just zip and suburb, right? What you want is a restriction on the number of valid values for each one, right?

How is your data being entered here? From a form directly by users? If so, the solution suggested by @Mike_Eastwood to validate this upon entry is definitely the way to go. With 16,000 suburbs, you probably want to do something like store that in a JSON file then parse it using a search library in JavaScript so users pick out what they need. Your forms will then always be correct at the point of entry.

And you can use a similar approach for entering contacts internally, rather than using Create New Contact directly in the HubSpot UI. Given that you have 16,000 suburbs you'll also (presumably) need a process for updating those suburbs as new suburbs are created, so having a standard structured JSON file will help with that process.

For such a specific requirement, I definitely think you're looking at a little custom development here, I can't see any way of doing this just with out-of-the-box HubSpot functionality.

Master data is always fun 🙂

Cheers,

Mike

Mike_Eastwood
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

解決

Hi @KerrieSheaves 

My first reaction is to create a HubSpot Integration (App) that sets the property from an external source.

The App would work something like this:

1. when Suburb is changed in HubSpot call a Webhook (in the App)

2. the App looks up the suburb and populates the Suburb (with the correct capitalisation) and sets the Zip Code.

Alternately, if the data is entered by a HubSpot user (in the CRM) or a Form (on a website) you could have some Javascript to create a "predictive text" list. When a choice is made it populates all your required fields e.g. suburb, zip.

I would need to know more about your business process to narrow this down to a practical solution. And, the solutions I'm recommending require time and budget.

Do you need to handle countries? (We're in New Zealand so we often fight with forms that won't validate our address).

Feel free to contact me directly if I can help.

Cheers

Mike

p.s. thank you @jennysowyrda for the heads up!

jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

HI @KerrieSheaves,

I wanted to begin by sharing this thread  where a user asked a similar question. 

@mike-ward@Mike_Eastwood@Ben_M do you have any suggestions for overcoming this limit?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 いいね!