Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

wds9000

How to handle Company records for 2 locations?

SOLVE

I use Hubspot free CRM to keep track of certain restaurants for services I market to them. Currently I have been creating a Company record for each restaturant, including creating a separate Company record when they have more than one location. I then created a couple custom Properties to track specific status information about each location. 

I also add one or more Contacts if I know of any, but this is where it gets confusing as I usually only associate the Contact with one or the other Company records. I know about the parent/child feature but not sure how to leverage that since neither is really the parent. I thought I would only use parent/child in a situation where I have a parent holding company and then separate subsideraries. 

Any suggestions? Goal is to just keep my 300+ company/contact structure organized and effective. Today I am adding a second location for a restaurant that I didn't know existed and wondering how to best do it. It shares the same domain name, contact email address and restaurant name, just in a different part of town. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Accepted solutions
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @wds9000,

What I would do in your situation is create  a global "parent" for the restaraunt chain and associate the other accounts as "children."  The parent may not have contacts associated with it.

If you're concerned about keeping straight which "parents" are real companies and which are just placeholders, I would consider including a word, like "Dummy" or "Placeholder" that you can filter out of lists and reports.  

Hope this helps!

Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

agambina
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a similar issue and with the restriction that you cannot connect a Contact to Companies with a parent-child, then my workaround is to make a Contact record act as a "subsidiary." It's not real pretty, but that's the only option I see. I am hoping this gets pushed to Dev as it's a common use case.

--Anet Gambina

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Oscar-seo

SOLVE

Discover Bagatelle in St. Barths , where exquisite French cuisine meets unmatched hospitality. Indulge in culinary perfection amidst the island's beauty, where every dish and moment is a celebration of fine dining.

0 Upvotes
agambina
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a similar issue and with the restriction that you cannot connect a Contact to Companies with a parent-child, then my workaround is to make a Contact record act as a "subsidiary." It's not real pretty, but that's the only option I see. I am hoping this gets pushed to Dev as it's a common use case.

--Anet Gambina

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @wds9000,

What I would do in your situation is create  a global "parent" for the restaraunt chain and associate the other accounts as "children."  The parent may not have contacts associated with it.

If you're concerned about keeping straight which "parents" are real companies and which are just placeholders, I would consider including a word, like "Dummy" or "Placeholder" that you can filter out of lists and reports.  

Hope this helps!

Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.