Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MSeidenglanz
Membro

How to detect when contact LEAVES a list

resolver

Hello,

We are currently using Hubspot Workflows' "is member of list" criteria to call a webhook on our side so that we know when a contact has been ADDED to the list.

How can we detect, when a contact is REMOVED from a list. We've already tried "is not member of list", but this does not seem to work.

Are there any other possibilities, how we can detect that a contact has been REMOVED  from a contact list?

Thanks in advance,

Marko

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MSeidenglanz,

Thanks for the screenshot, that's helpful. You're correct, currently your workflow would simply enroll contacts in your portal.

First of all, you need to make sure re-enrollment is enabled. (Click into the contact enrollment triggers. The right sidebar should open. In the re-enrollment tab, check all boxes.)

You'll see that re-enrollment based on "is not a member" is not possible.

However, you can simply create a second list which pulls in contacts which are not a member of the first list. You'd have two lists:

List 1: "testdata.csv" (unchanged)

List 2: "Contacts who are not a member in testdata.csv" (this list filters for contacts who are not a member in testdata.csv)

You can now either set up a second workflow or add list 2 to your enrollment criteria. For this list 2, you can also enable re-enrollment.

If a contact enters list 1, they'll be enrolled.

If a contact leaves list 1, they'll join list 2 and enroll into the workflow, too.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
MSeidenglanz
Membro

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thank you for your reply. I think that it is not work since I do not get an API Call from Hubspot, when a contact leaves a list. I've tried by creating a workflow with both criterias which did not work and I've also created two seperate workflows which did not work either. The "is member of list" criteria is working as expected. When I add a contact to the list, then our webhook get's called. But when a contact is removed from the list the Workflow does not get triggered and I don't know why.

MSeidenglanz_1-1651474871928.png

Best regards,

Marko Seidenglanz

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MSeidenglanz,

Thanks for the screenshot, that's helpful. You're correct, currently your workflow would simply enroll contacts in your portal.

First of all, you need to make sure re-enrollment is enabled. (Click into the contact enrollment triggers. The right sidebar should open. In the re-enrollment tab, check all boxes.)

You'll see that re-enrollment based on "is not a member" is not possible.

However, you can simply create a second list which pulls in contacts which are not a member of the first list. You'd have two lists:

List 1: "testdata.csv" (unchanged)

List 2: "Contacts who are not a member in testdata.csv" (this list filters for contacts who are not a member in testdata.csv)

You can now either set up a second workflow or add list 2 to your enrollment criteria. For this list 2, you can also enable re-enrollment.

If a contact enters list 1, they'll be enrolled.

If a contact leaves list 1, they'll join list 2 and enroll into the workflow, too.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MSeidenglanz
Membro

resolver

@karstenkoehler 

One more comment. It would still be very helpful if you could make the "Contacts who are not a member in..."-trigger reenrollment-enabled in future versions of Hubspot. Background is that we are currently building an app for Hubspot that sends contacts based on list membership to our system. Creating a second list that deletes the contacts from our system again is not very practical in this context, as we can't control where the user will move the contacts to via the app. It could be another list of the user, however, he could continue to process the contact without list membership. Unfortunately, we can't have any influence on that. We only need to know whether a contact is still in the list or not.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hallo @MSeidenglanz,

sinnvoll wäre es, ich bin aber selbst nicht bei HubSpot angestellt 😉

Viele Grüße!

Karsten Köhler

MSeidenglanz
Membro

resolver

@karstenkoehler,

Thank you. I've understood what you mean.  Reenrollment is not possible for contacts leaving a list. Your suggestion is a good workaround. Thank you for your fast response.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @MSeidenglanz,

What makes you think that an assisting list, filtering for "is not member of [original list]" doesn't work? Generally, it should.

If you want to trigger a workflow based on a contact leaving a list, that would be the best approach.

Can you share more details and clues about why this is not behaving as expected?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

JNeubrander
Participante

resolver

A second list doesn't help my scenario. We'd like to set members of the Unengaged contacts list (original list) as non-marketing contacts, and update them as marketing contacts upon leaving the list. A contact **should** move off of the unengaged list if they re-submit their email into a marketing form, like to receive an email subscription (haven't found a solution with form-submission-triggered workflows yet).  The point to answer your question is, simply utilizing a second list which includes all contacts who are not members of the Unengaged contact list doesn't help, because it targets many non-marketing contacts who are rightfully so and should not be converted to marketing contacts; only the contacts moving off the Unengaged list are known to actually be marketing contacts (if triggered by such a form submission), so I need to know which ones actually leave this first list as opposed to simply not being on it.

0 Avaliação positiva