Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ali-husayni

How to create separate lists for group of emails in marketing starter plan?

SOLVE

Hi,
I use "iContact" for sending bulk emails right now and now I want to move to HubSpot.

We have "Marketing Starter" plan in HubSpot.

First I need to create separate lists like "dentists", "lawyers", ... and add related clients of us in them. And then be able to choose a list and send related emails to each list.

I read in articles that I can use filters instead of lists.

But when I click on add filters, there is no add, it just shows existing filters.

How can I add new contacts and group them? The panel looks confusing to me.

I appreciate any help in advance,

1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Have you tried using the Job Title field to mark your clients according to their profession (dentist, lawyer, etc)? You can always create a new custom field (Contacts -> Contact Settings) that you can populate yourself and then filter by in the contacts dashboard. The best way to assign a job title to your clients would be to populate a .CSV file with their title and then upload it to HubSpot. You can do it through the contacts dashboard, but it could be more time-consuming. 

Also, in order to email your clients, you will need at least the HubSpot Basic package.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Have you tried using the Job Title field to mark your clients according to their profession (dentist, lawyer, etc)? You can always create a new custom field (Contacts -> Contact Settings) that you can populate yourself and then filter by in the contacts dashboard. The best way to assign a job title to your clients would be to populate a .CSV file with their title and then upload it to HubSpot. You can do it through the contacts dashboard, but it could be more time-consuming. 

Also, in order to email your clients, you will need at least the HubSpot Basic package.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.