How to create list with just low engagement contactsSOLVE
Aug 9, 2018 3:18 AM
I created an email blast to send to 300+ contacts however the majorityv low engagement contatcs. I would like to send the same email to only the low engagement contacts. Is there a way this can be done?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Aug 9, 2018 6:56 AM
You can use a combination of membership in your original list along with membership in the 'contacts with low engagement' list which can be created by following the process here: How to create a preview of your 'Contacts with low engagement' in the lists tool
Alternativly, you could directly use the 'Sends since last engagement' contact property on which the low engagment suppression is built.
Hope this helps.
Aug 9, 2018 6:57 AM - edited Aug 19, 2019 6:14 PM
Q: I created an email blast to send to 300+ contacts however the majorityv low engagement contatcs. I would like to send the same email to only the low engagement contacts. Is there a way this can be done??
Short A: Of course, but don't do it.
Repeatedly sending emails to low engaged contacts using HubSpot (or any other platform) will have a number of negative effects ...
- drives down your engagement numbers per email / campaign
- negatively affects the sender reputation of your email domain with ISPs and in HubSpot -- a critical factor for future email deliverability (both on and off the HubSpot platform)
- results in significantly higher abuse-complain rates (aka: SPAM complaints) -- very bad
- wastes time sending to contacts that have clearly demonstrated (by their inaction) that they don't want to hear from you
- eventually can lead to blacklisting of your email domain -- worse case scenario
HubSpot defines 'low engagement' email campaigns as those having a 15% or lower open rate. And categorizes contacts as 'unengaged' based on the following criteria ...
[can anyone say, "please stop emailing me"? haha ;)]
Burning these stats into your memory may very well save your list and possibly your HubSpot account and email domain from becoming useless.