Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JSAlcide
Participant

How to create list with just low engagement contacts

SOLVE

Hi Community,

I created an email blast to send to 300+ contacts however the majorityv low engagement contatcs. I would like to send the same email to only the low engagement contacts. Is there a way this can be done?

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JSAlcide

You can use a combination of membership in your original list along with membership in the 'contacts with low engagement' list which can be created by following the process here: How to create a preview of your 'Contacts with low engagement' in the lists tool

Alternativly, you could directly use the 'Sends since last engagement' contact property on which the low engagment suppression is built. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I created an email blast to send to 300+ contacts however the majorityv low engagement contatcs. I would like to send the same email to only the low engagement contacts. Is there a way this can be done??

Short A: Of course, but don't do it.

Longer A:Primary-causes-of-failed-email-delivery-stats.png

Repeatedly sending emails to low engaged contacts using HubSpot (or any other platform) will have a number of negative effects ...

- drives down your engagement numbers per email / campaign

- negatively affects the sender reputation of your email domain with ISPs and in HubSpot -- a critical factor for future email deliverability (both on and off the HubSpot platform)

- results in significantly higher abuse-complain rates (aka: SPAM complaints) -- very bad

- wastes time sending to contacts that have clearly demonstrated (by their inaction) that they don't want to hear from you

- eventually can lead to blacklisting of your email domain -- worse case scenario

HubSpot defines 'low engagement' email campaigns as those having a 15% or lower open rate. And categorizes contacts as 'unengaged' based on the following criteria ...

(see image)hubspot-email-marketing-how-hubspot-defines-low-engagement.png

[can anyone say, "please stop emailing me"? haha ;)]

- see What is graymail and how can I avoid sending email to unengaged contacts?

Burning these stats into your memory may very well save your list and possibly your HubSpot account and email domain from becoming useless.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I created an email blast to send to 300+ contacts however the majorityv low engagement contatcs. I would like to send the same email to only the low engagement contacts. Is there a way this can be done??

Short A: Of course, but don't do it.

Longer A:Primary-causes-of-failed-email-delivery-stats.png

Repeatedly sending emails to low engaged contacts using HubSpot (or any other platform) will have a number of negative effects ...

- drives down your engagement numbers per email / campaign

- negatively affects the sender reputation of your email domain with ISPs and in HubSpot -- a critical factor for future email deliverability (both on and off the HubSpot platform)

- results in significantly higher abuse-complain rates (aka: SPAM complaints) -- very bad

- wastes time sending to contacts that have clearly demonstrated (by their inaction) that they don't want to hear from you

- eventually can lead to blacklisting of your email domain -- worse case scenario

HubSpot defines 'low engagement' email campaigns as those having a 15% or lower open rate. And categorizes contacts as 'unengaged' based on the following criteria ...

(see image)hubspot-email-marketing-how-hubspot-defines-low-engagement.png

[can anyone say, "please stop emailing me"? haha ;)]

- see What is graymail and how can I avoid sending email to unengaged contacts?

Burning these stats into your memory may very well save your list and possibly your HubSpot account and email domain from becoming useless.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JSAlcide

You can use a combination of membership in your original list along with membership in the 'contacts with low engagement' list which can be created by following the process here: How to create a preview of your 'Contacts with low engagement' in the lists tool

Alternativly, you could directly use the 'Sends since last engagement' contact property on which the low engagment suppression is built. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
drewspi
Contributor

SOLVE

Would this also work for creating lists of highly engaged, active contacts/leads?

JSAlcide
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Phil!

0 Upvotes