Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

brettr
Membro

How to create company?

resolver

When I create a contact and add a company name with it, it doesn't create a real company. Is there some way to auto create the company if it doesn't already exist?

Otherwise, you add the company name then you have to go out and create a company? If that's the only way, is there some way to link the contact and the company?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

How to create company?

resolver

Have you got the 'associated company' column displayed in the contacts table?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
11 Respostas 11
Phil_Vallender

How to create company?

resolver

Hi @brettr,

The Company Name property on the contact record is simply a text field. The relationship between contacts and companies elsewhere and is reflected in the Associated Company field. 

If your contacts have company email addresses, HubSpot can automate the association for you. If not you can apply it manually - once the company exists within the CRM. 

More info here: How can I manually associate my contacts with companies?

Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
brettr
Membro

How to create company?

resolver

Thanks. From what I can tell, there is no way to have the company auto created for you right?

You have to always go back out and create the company. 

I like this CRM but having to always create a contact + company is very time consuming and cumbersome.

Brett

Phil_Vallender

How to create company?

resolver

Hi @brettr

If you enable automatically create and assoicate companies with contacts, HubSpot will automatically create the company whenever it can identify the email domain and the company doens not already exist. Works pretty well. 

Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
EricaAvila
Participante

How to create company?

resolver

I understand that there is an option that can be enabled for Hubspot to auto create the company based on the domain and Insights can also do this (we have that enabled), but is there a workflow that can be created to auto create an associated company if the contact has a free email address and there is a company on the contact record?

I attempted to create a workflow in which those enrolled have a free email address, company (contact property) is known and name (company property) is unknown. That then is set to copy the contact property, company to company property, name. But it is not working because it states "Contact isn't associated with a company ID" because it is not able to create an associated company for the contact. 

MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

How to create company?

resolver

Please see workaround - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Contacts-Companies-Deals/Workaround-Auto-create-Associated-Company-...

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
GLR
Participante

How to create company?

resolver

Hi Hubspot team.

Could you please stop deploying features like e-commerce BETA and work on your core architecture to answer the hundreds of use cases you didn't answered yet on your basic features ?

As you seem agile, here is a User story for you : "As a Sales, I would like to create a contact and a company at the same time, even if the domain is generic (gmail.com)"

It's pretty basic... Adn then, there are no solutions.

Akamu77
Participante

How to create company?

resolver

Agreed: I just want the ability to create a new company via Workflows.  We can create Deals and Tickets via Workflows automation.  Why not companies and contacts? 

Here's a thread to upVote and see if the robots will make the people aware :0)  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Creating-contacts-and-or-companies-in-workflows/idc-p...

0 Avaliação positiva
adedios
Membro

How to create company?

resolver

Hello,

We have a landing page for employee registration of a specific company. One of the fields that an employee needs to enter are: company email address (optional) and personal email address (required). Thus, our contacts' primary address is their personal email address. Initially, I was having the same issue on how to automate the creation of company record and its association with contact record upon submission of the form.

I was able to resolve the issue with this workaround:

- I created a custom property named "Alternate email" and displayed as "Personal Email Address" in the submission form

- I created another custom property named "Company email address" and displayed as "Company Email Address" in the submission form

- I made the "Email" property hidden with a default value of default<company domain> (dummy email address for the company). This will trigger the auto-creation of company and its association with contact. Please make sure that "Automatically create and associate companies with contacts" feature of HubSpot is enabled.

- Then I created a workflow that will replace the dummy email address with the correct one whichever is available.

Hope this helps.

Analie

0 Avaliação positiva
brettr
Membro

How to create company?

resolver

Ok - I have that turned on now. I created a new contact and added a company name in the company name field. When I click contacts, I don't see the company name in the company column. 

When I click companies, I can see the company that was created within the new contact. Why doesn't the contacts view show the associated contact?

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Solução

How to create company?

resolver

Have you got the 'associated company' column displayed in the contacts table?

0 Avaliação positiva
brettr
Membro

How to create company?

resolver

Looks like my last post was deleted. That worked. Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva