Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

IsaGomezTorres
Membre

How to check for duplicates?

Résolue

I know that Hubspot usually recognizes the domain in an email and can in some instances match it to existing companies in the CRM. However, I ran into a situation today in which a person from "company A" submitted a lead form on our site and we already had a company/deal/other contact record from somebody else, but a duplicate was still created. The main problem is we have a Round Robin in place and the "new" lead got assigned to another sales rep, but the older record already belonged to someone else. 

Any ideas as to why this could have happened and if there's a way to create a worflow that automatically checks these things? 

The domain we had was something like "company-a.com.mx" and the new contact had an email that didn't have an .mx at the end. That's the only difference that I could find. 

Is there any way to have hubspot check the domain of a new contact submission to see if there are any other contacts in the CRM that have a similar domain and have associated companies/deals? (I'm thinking something that checks if the domain of an existing contact "contains" X information vs. "equals"... is that possible)?

1 Solution acceptée
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @IsaGomezTorres

I don't think there is any work around here. As you say Hubspot relies on the domain name to associate contacts to an existing company. From a technical stand point any variation in the email domain will result in a new company being created. This then requires a manual merge to bring the companies together and save the additional domain name to the company record so that in future both email domains will associate to the same company. 

So in other words I don't think there is a way to solve this happening in 'real time'. If deals  are created and assigned as records are created then no work-around unless the sales rep builds in a "Quick manual search" step into her/his routine. 

The other option could be you don't auto-assign deals but have a tool like DeDupely set up that does daily merge checks on the company record. You could use company name / fuzzy logic to find near matches and fix them.

But this would cause a delay in assigning deals and so may not be worth the hassle. Is this a common occurance with considerable negative impact? If yes maybe deals aren't auto-created and assigned. Instead they go into a queue where an SDR or data ops person checks and fixes any duplicated data before enrolling leads in the deal creation workflow. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
anaaldea
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hello Isa, 

Ana, from Spain. We have an app called "Powerspot" that includes a de-duplicator tool. And it´s free-->https://www.powerspot.app/

Let me know if it can help!

Jonno_Price
Solution

Résolue

Hi @IsaGomezTorres

I don't think there is any work around here. As you say Hubspot relies on the domain name to associate contacts to an existing company. From a technical stand point any variation in the email domain will result in a new company being created. This then requires a manual merge to bring the companies together and save the additional domain name to the company record so that in future both email domains will associate to the same company. 

So in other words I don't think there is a way to solve this happening in 'real time'. If deals  are created and assigned as records are created then no work-around unless the sales rep builds in a "Quick manual search" step into her/his routine. 

The other option could be you don't auto-assign deals but have a tool like DeDupely set up that does daily merge checks on the company record. You could use company name / fuzzy logic to find near matches and fix them.

But this would cause a delay in assigning deals and so may not be worth the hassle. Is this a common occurance with considerable negative impact? If yes maybe deals aren't auto-created and assigned. Instead they go into a queue where an SDR or data ops person checks and fixes any duplicated data before enrolling leads in the deal creation workflow. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hello @IsaGomezTorres, I will add some top experts into this conversation @Jonno_Price@Dan1 @StefaniUAT any recommendations to @IsaGomezTorres?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !