Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MarcoHeymoney
Membro

How to change a selfmade Static List into dynamic

resolver

Hey there,

i am wondering how i can change a selfmade static list into a dynamic one?
is that possible?

What would happen to the connection of the emails i have sent out, if i delete the static one and build a dynamic one with the same name?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hello,

There is no way to natively change a static list into an active (dynamic) list. However, there are some workarounds depending on your needs!

1. If there is something similar between them to use for the filter criteria: Create an active list with the criteria. Example: "Company is any of XYZ." 
  2. If there is something similar to use for filter criteria and there are extra records you want to include into the active list: Create an active list and add the filter criteria List Membership is any of "XYZ  Static List" and then add the list criteria such as "Company is any of XYZ." 
  3. Keep the list as static and then manually add records to the static list or do so via workflow.

Each email you send out will appear on the contact's timeline, no matter the list. However, I think it is always a good practice to use static lists for regular emails. If the emails are not automated, the list will serve as historical data for who was actually sent the email. Active lists will pull records who meet the criteria for a long time after. If you had an active list for each regular email sent, new records can meet the criteria for hundreds of lists and automatically be put into the active (dynamic) lists and posts each list membership on the contact's timeline. (Messy) Also, keep in mind that each list is separate and uses a unique identifier on the backend, so simply deleting a list and creating one with the same name will not have the same effect. 

If the static list is deleted, the analytics on the email page will still show you whom the email was sent to, who open and clicked, etc. HubSpot put in another failsafe - you can always pull a new list with analytics based on who was sent the email (see below). 

Email.png

Another tip I have learned is that cloning emails, lists, and workflows to tweak them are going to be your best friend to keep historical data and limit confusion. If you sent a regular email blast to a static list and now want to send to an active list, simply clone the email and add (Active List) to the end of the internal email name. This way you keep all analytics intact and achieve the same intended outcome.

Sorry for the lengthiness. If you have any more questions or would like advice on a specific example, please feel free to reach out! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Resposta 1
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hello,

There is no way to natively change a static list into an active (dynamic) list. However, there are some workarounds depending on your needs!

1. If there is something similar between them to use for the filter criteria: Create an active list with the criteria. Example: "Company is any of XYZ." 
  2. If there is something similar to use for filter criteria and there are extra records you want to include into the active list: Create an active list and add the filter criteria List Membership is any of "XYZ  Static List" and then add the list criteria such as "Company is any of XYZ." 
  3. Keep the list as static and then manually add records to the static list or do so via workflow.

Each email you send out will appear on the contact's timeline, no matter the list. However, I think it is always a good practice to use static lists for regular emails. If the emails are not automated, the list will serve as historical data for who was actually sent the email. Active lists will pull records who meet the criteria for a long time after. If you had an active list for each regular email sent, new records can meet the criteria for hundreds of lists and automatically be put into the active (dynamic) lists and posts each list membership on the contact's timeline. (Messy) Also, keep in mind that each list is separate and uses a unique identifier on the backend, so simply deleting a list and creating one with the same name will not have the same effect. 

If the static list is deleted, the analytics on the email page will still show you whom the email was sent to, who open and clicked, etc. HubSpot put in another failsafe - you can always pull a new list with analytics based on who was sent the email (see below). 

Email.png

Another tip I have learned is that cloning emails, lists, and workflows to tweak them are going to be your best friend to keep historical data and limit confusion. If you sent a regular email blast to a static list and now want to send to an active list, simply clone the email and add (Active List) to the end of the internal email name. This way you keep all analytics intact and achieve the same intended outcome.

Sorry for the lengthiness. If you have any more questions or would like advice on a specific example, please feel free to reach out! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
0 Avaliação positiva