How to attribute a campaign when inbound data only lives on the Company?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm sure there's a way to do this... will just have to be creative... 

We get lead data from G2 Crowd whenever companies are viewing our reviews. That's currently syncing through a couple of fields on the Company record that sync with Salesforce and create a task for the sales owner to prospect it further. I'd like to automate some attribution if an Opportunity is then opened as a result of the original lead, but I'm not sure how. Any ideas?

I was thinking it could be via Campaigns, but they're specific to people which that data isn't really syncing to at the moment. The only way I can think to go this route would be to push data from the Account field to all new contacts that are created and then assign those to the campaign, but that seems like a ridiculous assumption. Is there a better way?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Top Contributor

attribution in hubspot or salesforce? against pipe or sales?

pushing data up and down is a good way to have visibility, using custom fields you can't overwrite anything so... 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Either one - but probably Hubspot knowing how Salesforce functions. I don't want to push that data down to all of the contacts at a company not knowing who specifically performed the behavior. This would be especially unhelpful by having 20-30 contact records at a large company attached to a campaign. I could see hidden custom fields helping with this, but it wouldn't solve having that info only live at the Company record and being able to assign to campaigns off of it

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

I'm missing a link I think, what do you want to be able to do, drip campaigns to each of the contacts until you get a bite?

or cross reference subsequent behaviours of form submissions against G2 recent activity?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No... we're using the G2 data for sales targeting mostly and I want to be able to track in Hubspot if any of the companies we're feeding the sales team from these leads gets any traction. Which, as far as I can tell, means that I'd need to be able to track an any resulting Opps back to a particular data points on the account, which I'd hoped to do via tying a Campaign to Accounts (and not contacts)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

right, so a custom campaign field on the company record, and driving form submission data alongside the custom field to capture the related points with a workflow running off logic or a list?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

There's actually no form involved. The data we're getting is just CSV data from G2 Crowd whenever a mystery person from a company views our listing or content on there. Sorry, I don't know how to explain this

0 Upvotes