Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

bhascher
Contributor

How to add leadscoring lead decay to Lists or Imports?

SOLVE

Almost all filter types that you can add as a scoring set, offers the ability to refine by date or number of times. This way you can add lead decay. However this is not possible for Lists or Imports.

I still haven't figured out how to add lead decay time to a HubSpot Score when a contact has entered HubSpot with an import / list. Is there anyone who found a workaround?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@bhascher 

Gotcha. So refine condition, of course, is not available in these scenarios with imports and lists. But you could get to the same result by combining it with a property filter, like I showed earlier. 

I can imagine that Create Date might not be the date that you want to refine after. For this, you could add a custom property named something like Import Date and set it accordingly right in the file when importing, or (my preferred option) set the date property in a workflow. This way, you only need to set it up once and can forget about it. It also catches an issue you would have if you're importing contacts multiple times and create date and import date are not the same. For example, if a contact submitted a form before, you import them again from a different system. 

In these cases, it might be more suitable to filter for the Latest Source instead of the Original Source. If you're unfamiliar with these properties, I can recommend looking at this help article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/understand-source-properties

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bhascher,

You're correct, it's not possible to reference a specific import by date.

However, you could set up a custom date property, Recent import date for example, that is populated whenever a contact appears in an import. (Contacts might have been created before the import, so the Create date would not be perfectly accurate here.)

karstenkoehler_0-1643707959435.png

You can then reference this date property in your scoring property. (This would not populate data historically, it would only have correct information after switching the workflow on. Existing records should not be enrolled.)

@bhascher wrote:

Give contacts who were imported with Import XYZ less than 60 days ago 15 points. Or, give contacts who became a List member 30 days ago 10 point.s

To be more specific: If Recent import date is less than 60 days ago > 15 points.

For list membership, this is not possible. List membership is simply too broad a concept in HubSpot and it's not possible to refence a contact joining any list. Here you would have to zoom out and also consider using an assisting custom property which you can reference instead of the list membership itself.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
PChalasani
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @bhascher , I see a lot of HubSpot users grapple with such issues involving lead scores. What if I told you there is an AI solution that automatically figures out the correct type of time decay (among other things)?

Our AI app XaiPient was designed to address exactly these types of issues.

Full disclosure: my app XaiPient is on the App Marketplace, it uses advanced AI to scan your historical prospects' journeys and learns how much weight various types of touchpoints should get, in order to predict the chance of a closed won deal within (say) 90 days.
The advantage? The AI liberates you from the work of setting up point-based rules, it's more accurate and easier to maintain as patterns and event-types change.

If you'd like to try it out, you can connect to it in the App Marketplace, it takes just a few seconds. Once you connect, our AI takes a day or two to pull your history data and train a model.
I am happy to help onboard you to it. 

ChrisoKlepke

SOLVE

Thanks for the shoutout @kvlschaefer ,

Hey @bhascher ,

could you please provide a bit more context as to why you'd like to refine by date and what the end goal is?

From what I understand, you would like to consider a certain date or timeframe when creating criteria in your lead scoring. 

Since you can combine multiple properties in these filters, my first instinct goes to Original Source maybe also (drilldown-1 and -2 depending on what you're trying to filter) + a date property, e.g. create date. Could that be a solution for you, or am I missing some additional info here?

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 09.10.14.png

Hope that helps.

Cheers, 

Chriso

bhascher
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Chriso,

Thanks for taking time responding to my question.

When adding a criteria, most of the options offer these filter conditions refinement:

bhascher_0-1643703854996.png

This condition I use for implementing lead decay. For example has a viewed a page less than 30 days ago, or last registered webinar date is less than 14 days ago, or has filled in a form on any page less than 60 days ago. However this filter is not available when adding an Import or a List as a scoring criteria. So you can't add a filter like this: Give contacts who were imported with Import XYZ less than 60 days ago 15 points. Or, give contacts who became a List member 30 days ago 10 point.s

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bhascher,

You're correct, it's not possible to reference a specific import by date.

However, you could set up a custom date property, Recent import date for example, that is populated whenever a contact appears in an import. (Contacts might have been created before the import, so the Create date would not be perfectly accurate here.)

karstenkoehler_0-1643707959435.png

You can then reference this date property in your scoring property. (This would not populate data historically, it would only have correct information after switching the workflow on. Existing records should not be enrolled.)

@bhascher wrote:

Give contacts who were imported with Import XYZ less than 60 days ago 15 points. Or, give contacts who became a List member 30 days ago 10 point.s

To be more specific: If Recent import date is less than 60 days ago > 15 points.

For list membership, this is not possible. List membership is simply too broad a concept in HubSpot and it's not possible to refence a contact joining any list. Here you would have to zoom out and also consider using an assisting custom property which you can reference instead of the list membership itself.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

@bhascher 

Gotcha. So refine condition, of course, is not available in these scenarios with imports and lists. But you could get to the same result by combining it with a property filter, like I showed earlier. 

I can imagine that Create Date might not be the date that you want to refine after. For this, you could add a custom property named something like Import Date and set it accordingly right in the file when importing, or (my preferred option) set the date property in a workflow. This way, you only need to set it up once and can forget about it. It also catches an issue you would have if you're importing contacts multiple times and create date and import date are not the same. For example, if a contact submitted a form before, you import them again from a different system. 

In these cases, it might be more suitable to filter for the Latest Source instead of the Original Source. If you're unfamiliar with these properties, I can recommend looking at this help article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/understand-source-properties

Cheers, 

Chriso

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bhascher,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'll add some experts to our conversation to get their input. 

@bhascher is looking for a way to add lead decay time to a HubSpot Score for contacts who have entered HubSpot via an import/list. Have you found a way to achieve lead decay time for such contacts?

@ChrisoKlepke@Annie_Birai@digitalkrewe@StjepanGrcic

Thanks!

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !