Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Funina
Participant

How to add deal information to associated contacts within company

SOLVE

Hi,

we have Companies connected to Deals, however we need Deal information on Contacts to create contact-based lists through filters.

Any idea on how I can make WF to, when deal is closed, to create deal on all associated contacts through companies as well?

Best, Nina

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

Gotcha, yes, I'm also following that request and it has been open for a while. Personally, I do not expect this to be delivered anytime soon but that's just intuition. If you want this kind of behavior right now, you could have to custom code it using Operations Hub Professional or rely on a third-party solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

Yes, the open request for this feature is quite popular. I believe there may be a way to do it with Ops Hub, but outside of that there is currently nothing in standard HubSpot CRM.

However, Insycle, does this. You can tell Insycle to "look at contacts that are associated to this company, but are not associated with the deal that the company is associated to." 

associations-1 (1).png

0 Upvotes
deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

• Hubspot offers by default activity association with Default objects. You can refer to the complete  Hubspot Article .
    The company's timeline activity can be automatically associated with the Deals and the Deals timeline activity can be automatically associated with Company's timeline.

deepikaverma_0-1651759632210.png

• However, if you still want to bring the company's associated deal activity on the Contact timeline, then it can be done by the use of API. 

I hope your doubt is clear now.
    Thank You
Funina
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

Gotcha, yes, I'm also following that request and it has been open for a while. Personally, I do not expect this to be delivered anytime soon but that's just intuition. If you want this kind of behavior right now, you could have to custom code it using Operations Hub Professional or rely on a third-party solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Funina
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, @karstenkoehler,  for confirming this. I might look into Zapier.

Kind regards, Nina

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

In contact-based lists, you have access to deal properties as well. HubSpot will then look for contacts who are associated with a deal matching the selected criteria. For this to work, the contact needs to be associated to the deal – the company doesn't matter.

karstenkoehler_0-1651665416178.png

If this approach does not work, could you elaborate further why?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Funina
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thank you for reaching out!

I wish it would be that straighforward, however unfortunately it is not possible in this case because deals are only associated with companies (that is how integration is made). I need to find a workaround.

Best, Nina

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Funina,

Have you considered automatically associating contacts and companies by email domain? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts#t...

Best regards

Karsten Köhler