Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

DParker9
Participant

How to add Contacts to a list based on Company Associations?

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a list we can use to email a certain type of contact at each of our customers. 

We have Companies with Lifecycle Stage = Customer

and we have Contacts associated to those Companies with Association Label = "xyz"

I want to create an Active List of all Contacts associated to Companies with Lifecycle Stage = Customer and Association Label = "xyz".

I can make a Report for this, but I can't find a way to set up the same filters in a List. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
CateDuarte
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DParker9 , create a contact type list - use the company object to select the lifecycle stage and then you can edit the association and select only a  specific association label:

CateDuarte_0-1700671224682.png

You can find the explanation here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

Hope this helps. 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DParker9,

Once you add the first filter, simply click on 'Any company' to pick one of your association labels.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
CateDuarte
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DParker9 , create a contact type list - use the company object to select the lifecycle stage and then you can edit the association and select only a  specific association label:

CateDuarte_0-1700671224682.png

You can find the explanation here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

Hope this helps. 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DParker9,

When you create a new contact list (Menu > Contact > Lists) and add your first filter, you should see a drop-down ('Filtering on: Contact (Current object)'), appear where you can switch from contact to company - and reference company properties.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
DParker9
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , thanks for the super-rapid reply. What you described works for the first step (where a Contact's associated Company Lifecycle Stage = Customer) but I can't find anything in the Contact List filters to filter by the Association Label for that Contact <-> Company association. Any ideas? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DParker9,

Once you add the first filter, simply click on 'Any company' to pick one of your association labels.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DParker9
Participant

SOLVE

Well that was easy! Just not obvious, at least to me! Thank you so much for the help, Karsten.

0 Upvotes