How does HubSpot calculate "more than X days ago" date filters?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Wondering how the calculation is done on dates more than X days ago filters inside HubSpot - does it become more than 1 day ago at midnight? Or midday? In what timezone?

I setup a workflow with a filter of a date properter more than 1 day ago yesterday afternoon (15 Oct), to my surprise when I tested it, my test contacts which had the date property at 14 Oct both qualified. So I therefore figured that the other contacts I had with the date property at 15 Oct would then qualify today and run through the workflow. However, none of them have yet qualified.

I'm hoping to figure out exactly how that X days ago calculation is made so I can know exactly when a follow-up is going to run for people.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.29.59 AM.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @kaious,

The date picker property will run on a 24 hour count, so this value for "more than one day ago" will be true after 24 hours have passed from the date being set. 

Thank you, 
Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Is that calculated based on the account timezone? Or UTC? Becuase that doesn't line up with the results I'm seeing - more than one day ago seems to tick over at about 1pm local time. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @kaious,

The expected behavior is 24 hours within your portal's time zone. If you are experiencing something different, I would recommend connecting with the HubSpot technical support team regarding this matter. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks @jennysowyrda - I'll keep an eye on the workflow for a bit longer to get a clearer picture of how it's behaving, then log a ticket.

Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes