Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MariyaS

How do you mark paid vs display google ads campaigns with the corresponding lead sources?

SOLVE

There's an original source = paid search. But I want to distinguish Google Display and Google Search as a separate lead sources. 
Do you I do it with the workflow and drill-down-1? Any reccomendation on structuring these? 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

How do you mark paid vs display google ads campaigns with the corresponding lead sources?

SOLVE

Hi @MariyaS,

If I were creating it, I would make my source "Other Campaigns" and enter "Paid Display" as the custom UTM source. You could then add additional information as the Medium to further drill down.

There's not a specific way to do this. It really comes down to how you plan to report on the data and maintaining consistency between your different marketing efforts when you create the UTM codes.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MariyaS

SOLVE

Appreciate this @Josh ! Thanks a lot for your help! 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MariyaS,

If I were creating it, I would make my source "Other Campaigns" and enter "Paid Display" as the custom UTM source. You could then add additional information as the Medium to further drill down.

There's not a specific way to do this. It really comes down to how you plan to report on the data and maintaining consistency between your different marketing efforts when you create the UTM codes.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
MariyaS

SOLVE

hey @Josh 
Would you be able to suggest something in here? 

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @MariyaS,

In most cases, I'd recommend using a UTM code. You can either create one manually (if you're comfortable with UTM codes) or you can use the tracking link builder within HubSpot. With UTM codes you'll be able to align lead sources not only to their specific source but also your specific campaigns.

Here's an article.

Josh

Josh Curcio

MariyaS

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestion, Josh. To clarify, what field in the tracking url do you recommend dedicating to the lead source? 

Currently, when the lead is created from Google AdWords in HubSpot I'm able to see the original source = paid search, original source drill down 1 = campaign name, original source drill down 2 =Search term (if available). 

0 Upvotes